Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Regen Question

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Truck displayed "cleaning exhaust filter" at 985 miles and again today at 1100 miles and change. Normal? Mileage is about what everyone else is getting with the 4.10 gears 12mpg. No big deal on the mileage, as that was not a consideration when buying the truck.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Truck displayed "cleaning exhaust filter" at 985 miles and again today at 1100 miles and change. Normal? Mileage is about what everyone else is getting with the 4.10 gears 12mpg. No big deal on the mileage, as that was not a consideration when buying the truck.
There really is no rhyme or reason to the regen frequencies (or lack thereof). It notices pressure and temperature mostly to determine when to regen. Because your truck is on the new side, I would expect the first ones to be somewhat more frequent. They'll settle in to a more predictable nature. It's like these trucks "learn" the driver. It will be regularly scheduled at (Ithink) 3170 mile intervals.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
There really is no rhyme or reason to the regen frequencies (or lack thereof). It notices pressure and temperature mostly to determine when to regen. Because your truck is on the new side, I would expect the first ones to be somewhat more frequent. They'll settle in to a more predictable nature. It's like these trucks "learn" the driver. It will be regularly scheduled at (Ithink) 3170 mile intervals.

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid Also depends on the fuel your burning and where is comes from. If theres any extra contamination from the "tanks" that plays a roll in the regen also.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Theres a new flash that assists with understanding the regen frequencies now as well. It installs some new messages in your instrument panel.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Theres a new flash that assists with understanding the regen frequencies now as well. It installs some new messages in your instrument panel.
Like what?

"I'm regening now because I want to, live with it!"??

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
what is regen??

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Its when the computer, at idle, sends in more fuel to get the Diesel Particulate Filter's, DPF's, hot to burn out all the soot they've filtered out.

They no longer allow it to happen at idle, too many fires and melted stuff, now it'll only do it while cruiseing.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
They no longer allow it to happen at idle, too many fires and melted stuff, now it'll only do it while cruiseing.
But it's still an option for the 6.0, right? ROFLMAO Mine did it at the track!! :p

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts