Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

just finished one

blacksnapon

Staff member
Just finished one that I'm still shaking my head over. An early 04 6.0, all 8 injectors, clutch hydraulic assembly, left exhaust manifold, and a "y" pipe. All out of warranty (164k mileage). $5300 was the bill, paid in cash!

Wow! Seems a bit early to be putting that kind of money into it. Even if the truck is paid for. How much of that is possible for a mechanically inclined individual to do at home? Was is abused?

JR

blacksnapon

Staff member
It belongs to some contractors that travel a lot. It did seem that the maintenance was lacking. Someone else put a hydraulic line on it because it was melted, and didn't repair the exhaust leaks (the reason the line was melted). They were driving several trucks (two broke down here, the other had a bad wheel bearing).

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Wow! Seems a bit early to be putting that kind of money into it. Even if the truck is paid for. How much of that is possible for a mechanically inclined individual to do at home? Was is abused?

JR

Anything is possible to do at home with the right tools and know how. And I just happen to have both.... LOL smiliegitrdone

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Change that oil and oil filter on time.....

Change the fuel filter on time....

This is what causes injectors to go bad!!!

P.S. - Use Racor/Motorcraft oil and fuel filters... ONLY!!!!!!

Paid cash.... must have been a drug dealer who just claims to be in the construction business!!!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts