Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

One of my fav cars..

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
This thing is just absolutely baaaaaaaaaaad lookin'. :goldteef:
4dr_front_fixed2.jpg

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Oh, did I forget to mention this is what lurks under that bone-stock, primered hood?

4dr_air_intake_drivers_side_med.jpg

4dr_air_intake_side_med.jpg

Quoted from the owner;
"Last dyno was 11.7# of boost, 632rwhp@6350, 571rwt. Since then I swapped out the 4" flex hose air intake for some large radius 4" aluminum mandrel bends. It freed up another .7# of boost and a stronger midrange."

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
I think my life would be complete after pulling up to a new corvette or something and just annihilating it. I can only imagine the look on the drivers face. Lol.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I think my life would be complete after pulling up to a new corvette or something and just annihilating it. I can only imagine the look on the drivers face. Lol.
Yes, yes I can imagine. I've seen a similar look when I went against a vette in an 8000 pound diesel and won. Seeing his face as I went up the side road first was funny as hell!!

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Out of curiousity, what was your best run at the track? I'm guessing you didn't race the 'vette up to triple digits? lol.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Centrifugally supercharged? Why the hell anyone would go that route? They're a belt driven turbo, talk about parasitic power loss...

Other than that I'd drive it if it were given to me, love to see a video of that thing just to know if it hooks those fat meats on the rear...

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Somehow I have doubts that he really cares about parasitic power loss with 632rwhp, 571 rwtq. Everything has it's benefits.. superchargers tend to have more instant power, not to mention not having to fab up headers etc. Nowadays the instant power thing (aside from the surge of it) isn't so much of an issue with turbos anymore, as long as they're matched correctly anyways.

Centrifugal, Roots and Lysholm (whipple) are just a few of many different types of superchargers. All of them are either belt, gear, chain or direct drive. The biggest advantages with superchargers, like I already said, is that there is absolutely no lag and the power is instantaneous which translates to great throttle response. There is alot more of a surge of power with a turbo, sometimes making it hard to maintain a smooth rise in RPM. Whereas a supercharger adds boost in direct relation to engine RPM.

At the end of the day, you're right.. the turbo generally is more efficient (makes more power) and gets better fuel mileage doing it. Hell, I want a turbo down the road myself. But not everyone is concerned with that, who knows why he wanted to run that particular setup? Easier to set up the suspension to hook? Tuning? Space? I don't know, that's for sure. But it's his car...

Also; a Roots style blower is still belt driven and has parasitic loss.. what's the difference?

Last edited:

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Out of curiousity, what was your best run at the track? I'm guessing you didn't race the 'vette up to triple digits? lol.
12.1 was the best run and that was against the vette. Shortly after is when she came apart. :( Sadly, that vette is still running and it was stock. :headbang:

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Damn, that's wicked man! (the time, not the coming apart). I take it you're running a more conservative setup now? Have you been since?

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Also; a Roots style blower is still belt driven and has parasitic loss.. what's the difference?

The difference from what I understand is that the remote mount (I'm tired of spelling today) are more apt to high RPM performance, just like a turbo, whereas the roots huffer has a better top to bottom power curve...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts