Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ranger Cruise Control Recall

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
I took my Ranger to my local Ford dealer today for the cruise control recall. I thought they would
replace the switch, but all they did was add a "fused" wiring harness:

Before photos:

304835544_GCdgq-X2.jpg

304835490_ZaAcN-X2.jpg

304835971_psPGG-X2.jpg

After photos:

304836328_fo49W-X2.jpg

304836367_hpRRp-X2.jpg

304836874_GBSpE-X2.jpg

304835906_gvijx-X2.jpg

304836682_HzfBR-X2.jpg

304841923_UAHVQ-X2.jpg

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Correct the switch only gets changed if it's leaking. There mabe another model that gets a new switch and harness. But normaly it's just the harness.

Bob Ayers

Durham, NC
Correct the switch only gets changed if it's leaking. There mabe another model that gets a new switch and harness. But normaly it's just the harness.

Thanks Dave! Does the switch have to be leaking externally? I thought the fire hazard existed if the brake fluid got into the switch contacts. I would think this could happen without leaking externally.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Thanks Dave! Does the switch have to be leaking externally? I thought the fire hazard existed if the brake fluid got into the switch contacts. I would think this could happen without leaking externally.

Correct external leak only, if there is fluid in the electrical contact area then you replace it. Otherwise you just get a fused jumper harness "in case" it leaks and shorts out.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hey thanks for the pics Bob! I've been wondering how they were gonna remedy this problem. I'll have to go get mine done soon, I miss cruise control :(

Bob Ayers

Durham, NC
Am I the only person who could care less about cruise control? I honestly have never cared for it..

I guess it depends on what type of driving your do. If you do mainly city (stop and go) driving, then it's not needed. If you do long distance driving on interstate roads, then I find it very useful!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I guess it depends on what type of driving your do. If you do mainly city (stop and go) driving, then it's not needed. If you do long distance driving on interstate roads, then I find it very useful!
Absolutely. I use it on the freeway lots of times. Also helps to keep my gas mileage up because if I'm using the pedal I tend to have a hotter foot.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Am I the only person who could care less about cruise control? I honestly have never cared for it..

I've driven a lot of highway miles without it (my truck doesn't have it, Dad's cars haven't had it). I've also taken a few longer trips with it.

I hate driving with it turned on... But I still will use it for maybe 5 minutes every hour or so, just to move my right leg around for a bit.

That's really all I use it for if it's there, but it's still useful enough that if I was buying new, I'd want it.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts