Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

05 Expy - rear A/C noise

Kep4

Jäger
My Colleague has an 05 Expedition, Eddie Bauer with all the bells and whistles.
She said it's making a 'clicking' sound coming from inside in the back.

I listened to it this morning and it's coming from the A/C on the inside, right rear.

It sounds like an electrical switch clicking open and shut. It's more prominent when the A/C is on and tails off when the A/C is shut off and then goes away. It doesn't sound like the fan is the problem.

Any ideas?

blacksnapon

Staff member
My Colleague has an 05 Expedition, Eddie Bauer with all the bells and whistles.
She said it's making a 'clicking' sound coming from inside in the back.

I listened to it this morning and it's coming from the A/C on the inside, right rear.

It sounds like an electrical switch clicking open and shut. It's more prominent when the A/C is on and tails off when the A/C is shut off and then goes away. It doesn't sound like the fan is the problem.

Any ideas?
Theres a mode door actuator back there going bad. I've replaced a bunch of them. Just remove the rear panel, then turn the a/c on and feel. You can feel which one is bad (they're both close together).

hey that's good info cause my wife said that her 04 XLT is doing the same thing. so is this the right panel being removed & how much do they cost?

Ford Truck Articles