Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How much was gas...

blacksnapon

Staff member
believe it or not....22cents

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
The cheapest I ever saw gas was 19.9. There was a gas war and it was at a station across the street from my paper stand...at the time, I didn't drive anything but a bicycle.
HOLY CRAP YOU'RE OLD!!!

Cheapest gas I've ever purchased was in the $1.50 range I believe... I might be wrong.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I got my learner's permit in the spring of '03, and license in the fall.

I remember that gas was $1.61 and diesel was $1.53 that summer...

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
me was at 1.5$

ohh and went venezuela last year.. and it was 1 dolar for 9.8 galons or so dont remember..

Last edited:
When I bought it in 1965 ....$0.19/gallon cdn

When I pumped it in 1963 - $0.17

In 1978, The pricing changed from per gallon to per litre because the gas pumps could only go as high $0.99.9 /gallon and something had to be done soon

Fall of 1978 - $0.17 a LITRE

Imperial gallon = 4.54 Litres

Last edited:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
In 1978, The pricing changed from per gallon to per litre because the gas pumps could only go as high $0.99.9 /gallon and something had to be done soon

Is this the reason Canadian gas prices are still sometimes (always?) displayed in cents/liter?

I know the metric system, and conversions well enough to put the decimal places in the right spot, but I was confused to see prices listed as 101.3 or similar when I passed through southern Ontario last week.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
1959 was when I got my CA license, I learned to drive in 1951 when I was 7 (my dad was a car dealer, and I was big for my age).

I don't recall what the gas prices were then, but in 1959 it was roughly 20 cents for regular, 23 cents for Supreme and 25 cents for Custom Supreme (105 octane).

The prices are from Standard Oil of CA.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
it was .69 when i started driving(for a day) then went to .98! MAN I MISS THAT

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Is this the reason Canadian gas prices are still sometimes (always?) displayed in cents/liter?

I know the metric system, and conversions well enough to put the decimal places in the right spot, but I was confused to see prices listed as 101.3 or similar when I passed through southern Ontario last week.

Hey, I didn't know you were going to be driving through southern ontario! Which part?

As far as gas prices.. can't recall exactly. They fluctuate alot. smilietease

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Hey, I didn't know you were going to be driving through southern ontario! Which part?

I just hauled butt across from Niagara Falls to Port Huron, MI. It was one of only two days this trip I've actually had to be somewhere at the end of the day (staying with a friend outside Detroit) and drove just under 900 miles (15 hours)...smiliehijacked

........let's see....:goldteef: ...if i remember right, must have been like in the area of 22 to 25 cent's a gallon, cuz i remember for REAL :shocked:was like $2.00 and my tank was full again to go out and cruzin with the guy's after 7 pm and hag out at the Burger Barn's and DriveInn's....smiliepeelout ..............back then in the Gooood Ol' Day's..............smilietease....

mr. Charles:p

Fellro

Staff member
It was around 70 cents or so, everyone made a big stink about gas getting over $1....

about $.35 in '71. i wasn't driving but i had a fishing boat and a mini-bike.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts