Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Topless photos!

andym

Real men are fanatics
Sorry, not of Leilani. :D

I finally got around to removing the Bronco's top. I've never done it before, but it sure seemed easy enough. After all, I've replaced an engine, right?

It actually went pretty well. I bought a couple ceiling hooks from the hardware store and sunk them into the ceiling joists in the garage. Then I backed the Bronco in, unbolted the top, and slid 14' ratchet straps under it. I cranked it up and drove the Bronco out from underneath. Worked pretty slick if I do say so myself, and the best part was that I did it myself in about an hour and there were no "oops I slipped and gouged the paint" moments.

IMG_5014.jpg

IMG_5009.jpg

IMG_5011.jpg

But does it all fit?

IMG_5016.jpg

Yep!

Unfortunately, there's a small flaw in my plan. I can't lift the hood up without backing it out of the garage halfway. :rolleyes:

But at least I finally have a topless ride!

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Looks good, dude. I've seen a couple of those setups over on FSB (I just lurk). Pretty sure our new member 'Ranger429' has one. I want a bronco. smilietease

andym

Real men are fanatics
Now that is *really* slick, Ranger429.

Thanks for all the compliments. :)

Paul, I have been thinking about the lift & tires as well. I would want to go 6" and 35's. This is good since I need new tires soon anyway. Not so good because we're saving up to pay for our wedding this December.

I've also tossed around the idea of keeping it stock, just because it's in such nice shape and there's an argument to be made for keeping it stock. Plus, I don't think it would fit in the garage if lifted that much.

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
Yeah, it is a very clean truck. Hard to find em that nice any more. Normally I'd say lift it 4inch and hack off whatever doesn't clear when you get the tires, but I know that truck isn't getting cut up.

There is a new company making shackle flips to get the rear lifted up relatively cheaply, under 200. That does not include shocks or extended brake line though.

For the front, well ttb sucks, but I'm assuming this is a street truck? You can probably put 35s on it without too many problems if so. I don't know much about lifting them though, but fullsizebronco.com has all the info you could ever need when you decide to do it.

Michigan
I dont really have a good pic with the top off... Gonna be a very nice weekend and i think il take it off tomorrow night. Here is a pic that i made lol.

dfsdfgdghgf.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts