Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

animated avatars

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
are animated gif's not supported for avatars? i've uploaded and linked from my photobucket and my horned angel still isn't flashing....

thanks in advance...

If you right click and look at properties...the current avatar does not show to be a .gif file. It shows to be some sort of embeded file (php???).

I admit I have never tried to use a .gif here though. Interesting question. I got in trouble for linking to a huge one years ago on a ford ranger site. It said: "Ford ranger 4X4" in sign language. Guess it slowed down the really old computers or something. OOPS! LOL

EDIT: This one?

angelwithhornsbnwflash.gif

You need to change the link to:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/ford4life69/Junk/angelwithhornsbnwflash.gif

And add the [ Img ] [ /img ] tags to the ends (without the spaces)

Last edited:
Unless she is naked, I prefer the non-Flashing angel.

Isn't that why anyone flashes ?

Last edited:
Fixed !

Edit your post :)

The s was there before I finished typing.

I have keyboard and mouse issues

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
adding the img tags gives an invalid file type error on the avatar settings screen when you enter it in the "enter url to the file." i've also uploaded the gif from my machine and it's still not flashing. i tried all that before i posted up in here and again just in case... still no go... if nothing else i prefer the dark one so i'll cut that frame out and use it by itself if i have to.. was hoping i wldn't have to.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
No the IMG tags will not work. That mnemonic is used on the boards only. The field where you input your avatar image is strictly a File browser field.

Connie -- I think this site just doesn't support animated gif's for some reason. There was another user that was interested in doing it and he couldn't get it working either. I'll talk to the admins about it.

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
yeah i read that somewhere and then i got the joke that went with that pig you have in an email at work so i thought why the hell not post up and ask about it.

i know the tags are code for displaying the image in the boards and figured the code was already in place to do that for the avatars. i did a brief stint as a programming major in college and web designer for my hometown school district back in high school with the teacher right there over our shoulders correcting our html but i don't even pretend to know everything so i tried it anyway. i also had this problem years ago at you know where and it got fixed sometime down the road so i kinda figure it'll get around to it when it gets around to it ya know...

just thought i'd throw it out there to get some attention more than anything else.. it's not like it's a pressing matter or anything...

thanks anyway.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Your efforts are appreciated Connie. I've already sent a PM to Ryan, so hopefully he'll get it all straightened out YelloThumbUp

EDIT: Just found the solution and PM'd it to Ryan. Now it's only a matter of when he gets online and changes the setting.

Ya'll will also have to re-upload your avatars after he changes it. He'll let you know when ;)

Last edited:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Like Chris said, you'll have to re-upload the images.

The features has been turned on the entire time (default) but the system rejected them due to file size. I've expanded the file size to the point where it *should* work. The file size limit is now 50,000 bytes (~50kb)

The file that brian posted that ford4life69 is trying to use is a meager 11kb. It should have worked before, since the limit was 20kb. The pixel restrictions were 80x80, but now have been expanded to 120x120. The pixel limits on that image were within the 80 limit too, so again, I am not sure why it didn't previously work.

Try again & let me know how it goes.

Ryan

It appears I have to put My "Flasher" in my avatar now ;)

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
My favorite avatar of yours, Dennis, was the guy on the typewriter. It seemed fitting. :)

Either am I much Connie :)

I noticed that,it may be the size of it

Hey Ed, Yes I am and I saw your AD

The story of why is in the Lounge,.

You look good on this site :)

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts