Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Member with Expy...

SMIGGS

with a dose of reality...
Hi All!

Just dropping in to say a big hello and that I'm a fellow Expy owner.

2000 Eddie Bauer, fully loaded with every option. I haven't even had a problem with the air suspension yet!

Now that I typed that, all hell will probably break loose....

Expedition?

Welcome aboard. Good to have you here.

Fellro

Staff member
MIL used to have a EB Expy, treated her pretty good, but the seats were absolutely bad news for me, might as well have been made out of wood... Fuel mileage sucked, or I might have owned it if the seats weren't so bad to me...

MIL used to have a EB Expy, treated her pretty good, but the seats were absolutely bad news for me, might as well have been made out of wood... Fuel mileage sucked, or I might have owned it if the seats weren't so bad to me...

I have never ridden in one, but the seat can't be much worse than my 56 (50+ year old spring, burlap, vinyl). I should find someone around here who has one and get a ride.

SMIGGS

I find the ride in my Expedition way better than in my F150. Less "bouncey" and the Expy doesn't jump around as much when hitting bumps on the highway.

As for mileage, 18 ish on a good day....

I find the ride in my Expedition way better than in my F150. Less "bouncey" and the Expy doesn't jump around as much when hitting bumps on the highway.

As for mileage, 18 ish on a good day....

WOW. I thought the mileage would be worse than that. I only get 20 with my explorer (4X4 w/4.10 gears).

SMIGGS

WOW. I thought the mileage would be worse than that. I only get 20 with my explorer (4X4 w/4.10 gears).

Average in the summer @ 65-70 mph, depending on wind, anywhere from 14 - 18 mpg. I've even seen a 20 or 2. ( going the right way and I nice strong wind pushing me )

Average in the winter @ the same speed - 12 - 14 mpg. With winter blend fuel I tend to lose a few mpg.

Ford Truck Articles