Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

79 Bronco before and after (pics)

Here is my Bronco nearing the end of a 3 year project. I picked this one up out of Ca and rebuilt it.

This what it looked like when I got it:

bronco10.jpg

Here is how it looks now. I am just waiting on my 35" tires to show up, hopefully by Wed.

dsc02501.jpg

Interior before:

bronco-interior-1.jpg

And after:

dsc02505.jpg

I've also added the factory CB system with the factory correct CB antenna.

dsc02424.jpg

dsc02428.jpg

A lot of pictures are here of the build: http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/8357/26524

And here is a pretty good thread on the build: http://72.18.199.92/~fullsize/forum/showthread.php?t=94207

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Wow, that was weird.. took a LONG time for the pic's to load.

Very nice Bronco, you do awesome work.

Last edited:
Seen it somewhere before huh Brad....

Thanks Virus and Chris. The CB was quite rare and only put in about 10% or less in a Bronco. Dennis (Mil1oin) has the exact %.

Musta been thinkin of a different bronco... Since the CB got brought up, might I ask where you mounted the "brainbox" for the CB? Since the driverside rear ashtry was in the way?

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Sweet .. I wish I could find 1 in half shape to play with . I know of several factory CB's . They wont part with them of course. I put one out of Lincoln in my 79..

Musta been thinkin of a different bronco... Since the CB got brought up, might I ask where you mounted the "brainbox" for the CB? Since the driverside rear ashtry was in the way?

In the factory position. The ash tray is still there it just does not have a tray. I modified the ash tray to still look original. I'll post a pic later.

looks awesome. Where did you get the factory cb?

This particular one was thru ebay. It was an NOS set, everything was new. I have parted out other Bronco's tho that had the factory CB setup.

nice lookin bronco . you did one hell of a job on it!

Thank you.

andym

Real men are fanatics
That's awesome. Nice job on restoring that. I've love to get an older Bronco like that but driving it around would bankrupt me. :)

When did they stop putting CBs in them?

Thanks Andy, I'm not sure when the last year for the CB was. I know absolutely nothing about an 80-up Bronco.

All done. The only thing left is to get my OE pushbar painted black and installed and the front air damn spoiler.

dsc02522.jpg

dsc02523.jpg

dsc02524.jpg

dsc02527.jpg

dsc02526.jpg

dsc02529.jpg

Here is a picture of the front spoiler. I just have it vise gripped on to see how it looks. Now I need to mount it permanetly.

dsc02516.jpg

Last edited:

andym

Real men are fanatics
That's beautiful. Looks like showroom condition to me.

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Oooh weee, those tires did the trick. That thing is miiiiiint. Job well done, man. I can't wait to have the opportunity/space (cash) to do a restoration.

I've decided to spend the money and go with the Dakota digital gauge pack for the truck. It was pretty hard to cut up a decent looking cluster but in the end it will be worth it. Some pics of the progress so far.

dsc02645.jpg

dsc02646.jpg

dsc02647.jpg

All I have left to do now is hook up the speed sensor to the T-case and install it into the truck. I never had a mechanical gauge on this motor and it is running 69 PSI of oil pressure at idle so the motor is nice and tight.

Wow, nice truck. Awesome reconditioning and restoration. YelloThumbUp

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts