Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Power window motor gear repair kit

andym

Real men are fanatics
I called up the local dealership (Future Ford in Roseville) and asked about a power window motor repair kit. The gears went kablooie in the driver's side door window motor last night at 2am. The drive home was fun when it was 45 degrees outside.

They have it in stock, but it's $30. Wow, that's a lot. I don't need it right away anyway, I'll just get the part number and order it online. Get this (Bill will love this) the dealership WON'T GIVE OUT PART NUMBERS. I laughed - "what? are they a secret?" That's their policy. I told them I'd take my business elsewhere and hung up on him.

So I searched online. Rockauto has some aftermarket replacements, but I want OEM parts. I can't find the part online searching by name, so I need a part number for this.

It's a 90 Bronco, power window motor gear repair kit.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
^^ Relax Dave, I've got it covered. ^^
I called up the local dealership (Future Ford in Roseville) and asked about a power window motor repair kit. The gears went kablooie in the driver's side door window motor last night at 2am. The drive home was fun when it was 45 degrees outside.

They have it in stock, but it's $30. Wow, that's a lot. I don't need it right away anyway, I'll just get the part number and order it online. Get this (Bill will love this) the dealership WON'T GIVE OUT PART NUMBERS. I laughed - "what? are they a secret?" That's their policy. I told them I'd take my business elsewhere and hung up on him. So I searched online. Rockauto has some aftermarket replacements, but I want OEM parts.
I can't find the part online searching by name,
so I need a part number for this. NO PROBLEMO...
It's a 90 Bronco, power window motor gear repair kit.
DoAZ62234A24B .. Gear Kit-Power Window Motor

MSRP: $31.60 / It seems $22.60 is the usual net price (if you catch my drift :) ).

Fits: 1981/90 F150/350 / 1988/90 Super Duty / 1980/90 Bronco / 1984/90 Bronco II / 1970/90 Ford passenger cars.

btw: On these online websites (located in WA, for example) type the part number prefix exactly like this: DoAZ62234A24B (DoAZ: that's a small letter o, not a zero!)

If you type the number like this: DOAZ = you'll get: Parts not found.

Last edited:

Kep4

Jäger
Mr. BKW comes through again! Toss that Man some rep!! :bow:

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I'm a cheap redneck. I just throw a few 5/16 nuts in them when they strip out. ;)

andym

Real men are fanatics
I broke down and went to the dealer. By the time you add shipping to $23, it comes out to about the same. Plus I have someone to yell at if it's the wrong part or doesn't fit for some reason.

Those rivets were really hard to get out, too.

Ford Truck Articles