Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

f 250 rear end leak

nothing super about this truck at all,2002 5.4,4.10 gears,just hit 90k, found oil on the driveway,is it the wifes honda minivan,nope its the ford,of course. leaking from driveshaft input to the rear diff. Can anyone tell me what this repair involves? just for fun I thought I would list the repairs I have done since I bought this truck for 20k at 64kmiles..... exhaust mani studs rotted off, spit a spark plug just as I was hooking up the plow, brake line burst where it was rubbing a wire bundle, drivers window loose in its frame,replaced 3 coil on plugs, this thing is about equal to the 69 triumph tr6 I had,actually it might be worse

blacksnapon

Staff member
nothing super about this truck at all,2002 5.4,4.10 gears,just hit 90k, found oil on the driveway,is it the wifes honda minivan,nope its the ford,of course. leaking from driveshaft input to the rear diff. Can anyone tell me what this repair involves? just for fun I thought I would list the repairs I have done since I bought this truck for 20k at 64kmiles..... exhaust mani studs rotted off, spit a spark plug just as I was hooking up the plow, brake line burst where it was rubbing a wire bundle, drivers window loose in its frame,replaced 3 coil on plugs, this thing is about equal to the 69 triumph tr6 I had,actually it might be worse
Pull the driveshaft out, then, with a seal puller, or a chisel, gradually work the seal out of the housing.Be aware that some sort of debris or driveshaft damage can accellerate seal wear in that area.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts