Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fuel Filters

AGHHH! Ok there it is all out now. I used a Wix filter set contrary to what was posted on this site. I understand that the filter I have does not meet Ford/Navistar spec. Somebody please tell me they will be fine until the next interval or even half of that I'd be happy with. They were $65. I did not check prior to purchase because the hard drive in my notebook failed and I could have sworn to reading about the quality of Wix filters here. Guess not huh?

blacksnapon

Staff member
The filters are shorter than the oem filters. That prevents the valve at the bottom of the filter housing from closing all the way. The valve being open slightly, lets the oil bleed off, possibly causing a hard start, poor performance, and mild oil starvation.

great! There is a IH/Navistar dealer about 30 min from my house. May be I'll head out there tomorrow???

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Have seen the aftermarket filters twist and not filter properly. If you need some motorcraft filters cheap lemme know i'll hook you up, your local to me...

Yeah you are, I played at a bar in Jewett City a while ago with a band called Sub Standard. Yeah I would sure appreciate it. At least to take some of the sting out of this one....

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Yeah you are, I played at a bar in Jewett City a while ago with a band called Sub Standard. Yeah I would sure appreciate it. At least to take some of the sting out of this one....

I live off 138 in Griswold. Hows $40 for a set of fuel filters and an oil filter sound?

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I just can't compete with the master..... But if you need filters lemme know ..
Maybe not, unless you wanna talk tech. I'm pretty sure you'd smoke me there. Sadly, that's really what this site is about! :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts