Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Shes ALIVE

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Well, i got the part from Ford today, and put her all back together. 2 gal of ATF and she shifts through the gears but still isnt reading on the dip stick. So im a head to walmart to get more ATF and hopefully take a test drive tonight. YEA BABY

Michigan
aaaa good deal! What went wrong in the first place? lol

i believe his old tranny crapped the bed..

dont forget that u need to read the stick when the engine is on and warm lol, sure you knew that

Well it's about time we heard some good news out of your neck of the woods. Congratulations!!!

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
wait, you fix yours now ive got problems... ive got this random CLUNK thats really loud from the tranny/crossmember area. im going to check it out tomorrow but im hoping its the radius arm bushings going bad finally after 19 years. im hoping its not a cracked tranny case................AGAIN! glad to hear you fixed the problem!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Awesome! Thats great news Chris. Your trans should take somewhere round 12-14 quarts if it was completely dry, and don't forget to fill the tcase. Keep us posted ;)

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
wait, you fix yours now ive got problems... ive got this random CLUNK thats really loud from the tranny/crossmember area.

Did it get any worse since you were up here?

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
actually it went away. but it just came back today but it started happening at 50mph. at random.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Well she took about 3 gal and some. Yea i cked it while running, and filled the tcase. Its shifting kinda wierd, reverse got major lag, i think some air got to get worked out or the 200 buck used one is junk. It also had my old selonid pack in it so that might be the prob. Even with the shift kit, it does shift kinda slow. Wierd. I got wacked in the head today at work so ive had enough of this day. I got hit so hard it knocked me out. Yea what a fun day. At least truck is driving.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Lag getting into gear can sometimes indicate low fluid level, so keep an eye on that level. Glad you got it running buddy :)

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Yea the shifting was starting to get better the more I drove it. So well see today when I get off work whats going on.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Glad u got her fixed . The e4od and me don't get along to well.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
It wasnt slipping, i broke the reverse gear.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts