Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ernie!!!!!

i need guidance.... the "rams" i don't know what you call 'em, that hold up my back hatch won't hold up the back hatch and it's making me nuts. they worked fine in Dec. but not now
it's the 3 door back...'97 Astro awd.
any input as to where to go will be appreciated. i'm not really mobile...need someone to do trips fo me unless it's really close(i've called Junkyards.. same issue i have), so a mail option would be a huge help.
thank you sir.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Can't find universal struts at the local auto parts store? My wife had a hatchback that had them. When hers went bad, I took one off and took it to the auto store and got one that was the same length.

thanks guys....the name of 'em was screwing me up. that gives me a google start.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I've used vice grips on the rod right below the cylinder to stop them lol

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Geez Todd. I try to make a tech post and look what happens. Thats it. Back to comedy for me. :D

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Redneck tech.

Maybe if you woulda used vice grips on your rods, they wouldn't have left the cylinders...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
i call them gas risers, or lift supports. call up the parts stores and ask around.

all advice has been taken guys....many thanks

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
LOL!

Yeah Carl I also replaced those on my SnugTop, it's just a generic gas strut. The length is the only factor that matters. Measure the length or bring one of them in with you.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts