Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

need o2 help

Recently had to change fuel pump. After change, started running rough - codes said to replaced 1 coil pack and a o2 censor, but the o2 censor didn't work, exchanged for new one and it still reads 0. It idles smooth but runs rough. I have a 2001 F350 Tritan v10. I am a first time Ford owner in the midst of a Dodge family - :fan: I need some composure, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Let me welcome you to the site. It is rather late for the tech guys to be on tonight. They should check in sometime in the morning though.

I would imagine they can help with the issue. I really don't know anything about the problem myself.

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
check for a vacuum leak around the throttle body. the pvc lines are bad about coming apart on that engine and a bad enough vacuum leak will make the 02s show lean and still maintain a base idle.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Recently had to change fuel pump. After change, started running rough - codes said to replaced 1 coil pack and a o2 censor, but the o2 censor didn't work, exchanged for new one and it still reads 0. It idles smooth but runs rough. I have a 2001 F350 Tritan v10. I am a first time Ford owner in the midst of a Dodge family - :fan: I need some composure, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
what are your codes? Why was the fuel pump changed?

I checked, no vacuum leaks. Code is 0. Due to gas prices, I let the truck sit for a few months, starting it occasionally. Recently, I drove it to pick up some plywood, which was running perfect. Came out of Home Depot, and it wouldn't start. Figured I picked up some water in the gas and put "heat" dry gas in it. It started right up. On the way home though, I noticed it was now running rough (missing)and power wasn't like it should be. I started it several times with in next few days, trying to figure out why it was missing. I noticed one battery terminal was bad, so I changed it. Thats when it wouldn't start. So I changed the fuel filter, and no gas was pumping thru. My brother (mechanic) checked it out, said the fuel pump was bad. We changed it and truck started right up. Still missing and low power. Brother pulled computer reading of miss fire on cylinder #9 and o2 (bank 2) censor read 0. We changed all cylinder and all spark plugs along with the o2 censor. Computer showed all problems fixed except o2 censor. Thought maybe newly replaced one was bad, took it back, replaced it, currently computer shows same bad reading of 0 and missing/power problem not solved.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Could have a pluged fuel rail on one side of the engine causing it to run lean on one bank.

I filled her up with high test, seems to be running better. I will check the fuel rail though, just to make sure, I looked at it but never took it off. Thanks guys.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts