Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Newly Found HP!

Michigan
I want to say thanks Skan for point out the 300 - 460 air tube. I recommend this cheap mod to anyone! Skan still has an air tube for sale. Before my truck couldnt break the back tires loose no matter how hard i tried. I could when i was in reverse, at about a 20 percent grade on wet cement. Now i can be on dry pavement, stick my head out the window and watch em spin! Bad news for the wallet, tires, and my right foot! lol. Skan il get the pics of my under carage painted, again i ran out of paint so i couldnt do much.

Picture065.jpg

Picture064.jpg

Picture063.jpg

Picture059.jpg

Picture062.jpg

The nose of the air tube was cracked a little, so i made it a little less rounded at the end. I also used black zip ties and punched a hole in that rubber flap so it would draw more air.

Michigan
Also disregard the wires, those are for my strobes.

Michigan
Yea u just drill into the side of your bumper lights (amber ones) and place a light thingy in there. They dont work to good in the day, at night its pretty kool but when i get my different headlights those are gone lol.

Cant wait to see if there are any mileage gains

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I have trimmed the nose completely off but u will need to put some heavy mesh wire in it to catch those Small road rocks.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Bot now I remember way I had 12 black rides in a row ,8 F trucks 2 cars and 2 Ford LT9000 (had a 450 CAt OOOOOOOOOOOO) . They look so sweet cleaned up.

Michigan
I have trimmed the nose completely off but u will need to put some heavy mesh wire in it to catch those Small road rocks.
NO i didnt cut it completly off. skan and i talked about it earlier today so i just trimmed a little, left a little roundness to keep that stuff out.

Michigan
Bot now I remember way I had 12 black rides in a row ,8 F trucks 2 cars and 2 Ford LT9000 (had a 450 CAt OOOOOOOOOOOO) . They look so sweet cleaned up.
Yea lol il always have a black truck from now on lol. I spent all day yesterday cleaning the whole thing! Now i get to drive it to school tomorrow in the rain.... :(

Michigan
im not worried about it... U should see my dads setup on his diesel. No problems yet! Tomorrow il be driving it about 70 MPH in the rain, when i get down to school il check it to see if theres alot of water in there, or enough to be worried about lol. Its way inbehind the grille still so im not worried about it.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
You might also wanna pull the top off your airbox when you get there and feel your air filter to see if it's damp.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
im not worried about it... U should see my dads setup on his diesel. No problems yet!
Our diesels don't mind ingesting a bit of water however. I actually had water injection for mine, at one time.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I don't claim to know nothin' bout diesels, but if they don't mind ingesting a bit of water, why do they come with a water-in-fuel light on the dashboard? My gasser ain't got one...

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I don't claim to know nothin' bout diesels, but if they don't mind ingesting a bit of water, why do they come with a water-in-fuel light on the dashboard? My gasser ain't got one...
Because that water is going through an injector that needs lubrication from the diesel versus through the air intake. You don't WET inject water, you dry inject it.

EDIT: Also note that fuel injected via a diesel injector is HIGHLY pressurized.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Makes sense...learn something every day.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
I bet the kid that lost his hand a few weeks back wish he would have known that.

When testing diesel injectors and the testing fluid gets into your veins it will give you blood poisioning.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts