Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My Life In The Past week

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Heh...some of this is OT but...a bit isn't.........starting a week ago today:

Saturday I got a wild hair and decided to detail the inside of my truck...the bed is still a mess but the interior is clean.I also painted all my interior trim to match my truck and it looks GREAT...got rid of the Grabber Green sorry Travis.I also wanted to fix the littleoil leak where my oil psi gauge goes into the block...I did......I felt something pop but kept tightening it...when I got to the parts store to pick something up and got back home I noticed oil...

Sunday I pulled it apart and check it again...instead of backing the fittings all back out re sealing the stuff I just tightened it down.....that's when the brass fitting going into the block sheared off....at 1/4 to 7.....when to the PS and bought the LAST fitting set while my buddy shoved a 3/8 socket inside the brass fitting and backed it out....so we replaced it and did not use Teflon tape this time...I will NEVER use teflon tape on that kind of stuff again.....
I was going to finish putting my a/cpump ps pump back on when I noticed a freeze plug in my head leaking...too late in the day to get to the only store that has Ford freeze plugs IN STOCK (a race shop)

I missed work Monday fixed the freeze plug and ditched the mechanical fan for an electric I had layin in the geerage.....

Tuesday I messed up my back and lost a bunch of sleep that night because i was having painful back spasms.

Wednesday I missed work because I was a vegetable in bed hopped up on muscle relaxers (thank god for whoever invented those)

Thursday was a bad day.......got out to my truck at lunch which was parked in the General Contractor (Welbro Building Corporation) parking lot and someone poured BRAKE FLUID all over the bed of my truck....they also got my buddy's truck...but he's got a 200 Mazda tribute so that's not real paint and he didn't fare as well.....I got white crap on my tail lenses and a little bit of peeling where the fender flares had rubbed the paint underneath off...plus white streaks on my tailgate...other than that....I caught it in time and my boss payed for me to go to the carwash.....Friday was just long....and I put a whip antenna on my truck.Plus Saturday I had to work to make up for missing one day.....anyways...wow this is long..Later all.

JR

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I know what you mean about the back I have to stretch daily to get through day . Been luck not to need Pain killers (I have em) .

Sorry to here about truck Sounds like a personal vendetta (How got canned there lately? Hope she buffs out for you.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I think the tailgate'll buff out...but everyone has been asking me that...not only did they git my truck my buddy's truck but they also got the lull........if I find out who did it...oh so help them......my boss said to make sure they fall down the scaffold stairs a few times....Thanks Larry.

JR

That really sucks! The one thing that bothers me most about shit like that is my truck never did anything to you. You have a problem, take it up with ME.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I agree.....obvious who ever did it is a real pus....err uhhh coward.....let'stake it off site and if my fists don't beat ur punk arse then my buddy and my carbon fiber rod will

JR

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
In his defense after 3 1/2 years he's out of practice.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
In his defense, it's Junior (always out of practice) :rofl:

Sorry to hear about the truck problems Junior :( How you likin' that electric fan mod?

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I was never "in" with flirting anyways lol...I got this one by accident.....Thanks Chris...and I like the fan mod but I'mgonna elaborate on it a bit more right now it's ...excuse the term...half-assed...the boneyard down the road a bit has a 01 Taurus in there I'm gonna try and get the fans off of....only thing I don't like is the fact it gets a bit warm when i sit for a LONG time..like 10 er 15 er 20 minutes...other than that...my top end is way the hell up..thanks fer turnin me on to it.Later

JR

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Not sure what fan you're using but the Taurus fan will FREEZE your engine before it lets it overheat :rofl: No joke, this thing moves a lot of air... When my engine starts to warm up, once that temp switch closes and turns the low speed on I can WATCH my temp gauge drop on the dash. It's pretty nutso.

Just make sure the Taurus you pull the fan from has a 3.8L engine.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
If it's a dual fan from a Taurus then it came from a 3.0L, and it doesn't pull nearly as much CFM. Get a fan from a 3.8L and you'll be much happier.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Hey did the week improve.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Sure if you count gettin sick this weekend and missin work today because my gf made me a doctor's appointment...plus havin to give ess chewin's over the phone.....lol...oh and my front main is leakin.....

JR

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts