Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

new guy new question

perry

66 f100 stepside
Hello just purchased 66 f100 step side with 390. Does anyone know of a company i can send my speedo to get it working again. I believe the needle is broken. Any advice on exhaust that sounds good from the 390.

ty
any and all advice greatly appreciated.
Dan

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Not a direct answer, but I know Mac's Antique Auto Parts- macsautoparts.com - will rebuild 1948-1950 speedometers. You might contact them and ask if they do others.

Fellro

Staff member
Need to verify the speedo itself or the cable or trans gear are not bad.

perry

66 f100 stepside
odometer on speedo works...i just have to figure out it the fuel and temp is hooked up...it might just be the needle that is broken..

ty for your responses

odometer on speedo works...i just have to figure out it the fuel and temp is hooked up...it might just be the needle that is broken..

ty for your responses

The float in the fuel tank could have a hole in it!
Mine did ,I pulled it out an soldered the holes an put it back ,still
works great as old as it is....:)

perry

66 f100 stepside
hello again fellas, does anyone know where i can get some windshield wiper motors. just had a flash shower here in tampa and found out wipers don't work...lol

ty

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
You might try Mac's Antique Auto Parts. They sell one that fits from mid-year '66 up to '79. Their part number is 48-11853-1. It fits the '66 models starting with serial number 788001.

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
I assume you've already checked but is the fuse good, do you have power at the motor with the switch on, and does the motor have a good ground conection? Just a couple of thoughts before you buy a motor.YelloThumbUp

perry

66 f100 stepside
thank you for the quick responses, I am not very tech or mechinic savy. The answer is no to checking any fuses or ground connection. I will do that...ty passenger wiper doesn't move and driver wiper moves 1/4 inch and then stops..will look into both suggestions by jasperrc ..will update
dan

Fellro

Staff member
If there is movement at all, then there is power supply. Sounds more like possible motor failure. The wipers should move together, but since it is such a minimal movement, it may be just that the linkage isn't being moved enough to move the passenger one.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts