Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Changed the plugs today...

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
the old ones (motorcraft platinuims ) werent bad but since i had a new set of autolite coppers

the missfire problem was a loos plug wire :S :headbang:

nway changed them truck runs gr8 ! here is the pic of the old plugs..
any comments , toughts ? rings going?
those plugs has less then 20 K on them
IMGP6193.jpg

OHH YEAH!! i found 2 loose bolts on the exhuast manifold rear driver side :S strange! i retightend them tough

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
The look fine except for number 4, looks like there is oil on that one. Number 8 looks fine, I think. You should put antiseize on the threads. You dont have the rust prob that we do in our area, so im thinkin your plugs dont get rusted to the block. Lol. Wish I had my orig 100K plugs to show.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
ohhh yeah just realized that.. outside of the plugs are oily.. leaky valve cover maybe? .

but inside of the plugs are all the same.. exept for nr1 is a little black but nr is perfect.. it looks like that becuase its in the shade. i just went outside and take a peak and its just like nr 4
thanks bud.. now i know my engine isnt leaking oil on the inside lol... outside its spraying oil everywhere! lol

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I didnt mean the outside of the plug, i ment the electrode. But now that you mention it, 1-4 all look oily, must be the shade.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
I didnt mean the outside of the plug, i ment the electrode. But now that you mention it, 1-4 all look oily, must be the shade.

no they are fine.. the electrodes are the same as 5-8 so that means that inside of my engine is healty?

andym

Real men are fanatics
I'd say that you should change your valve cover gaskets. :)

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
hahahaa.. its about 1 QRT every 1000 miles.. getting worse tough!.. lol.

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
Make sure the oil isn't leaking from higher up, and draining down looking like the rear main seal.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts