Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

question for 89FrankenFord

sooo you live in NH, not to far from me.. i noticed you rebuilt your engine completely in what i believe to be your(?) garage...

to get to my question, im thinking about rebuilding the engine in my truck soon. Hopefully buying a car by the end of the summer, better on gas.

This may seem odd, but you have the know how and the space, and the propper equipment to do all these things.. anychance you may want to help me rebuild my truck sometime? mayb a small price? lol

let me know your thoughts

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
i would have no problem giving you a hand. only issue is i don't have a garage. when i rebuilt my motor, it was in my college. and all the other stuff ive done has been at the shop i work at minus the tranny i did in my driveway...and my cooling system (radiator and water pump in the post office parking lot). i do have a fare amount of tools for fords though and other tools. i have a very good portion of what a TECH B would have since thats what i am in this industry as of this point. (tech A being blacksnapon(a master technician), tech B being the middle, and tech C being a beginner like an oil changer/lube technician) depending on what you wanna do we can either do it in a driveway or at the shop i work at (depending if there is room at that time though) as far as engine building, i don't have the tools needed to do a tare down and rebuild of a motor such as some micrometers, straight edge, a honing tool, valve spring tool, and so on. BUT i can help you depending on what you wanna do though. just give me an idea of what you wanna do and we can go from there as to what would be best for you.

Last edited:
well if i found a nice 351, would be cool to swap it out! haha

just wanna make mine better, its gut 184k on it and you know what new england does to trucks... any ideas?

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
sooo you live in NH, not to far from me.. i noticed you rebuilt your engine completely in what i believe to be your(?) garage...

to get to my question, im thinking about rebuilding the engine in my truck soon. Hopefully buying a car by the end of the summer, better on gas.

This may seem odd, but you have the know how and the space, and the propper equipment to do all these things.. anychance you may want to help me rebuild my truck sometime? mayb a small price? lol

let me know your thoughts

You know, of course, that anything that goes into his shed comes out grabber green ;)

Gunner

You know, of course, that anything that goes into his shed comes out grabber green ;)

Gunner

well i gut the perfect truck for that!! i wouldnt mind at all if my engine was painted grabber green, would go nicely with the truck

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
hey im here......long and frustrating weekend. monte almost caught fire on the way to north carolina with the family so i had to go to MA and see what was up at 5am(i only got 1 hour of sleep before then) looked and nothing was wrong.brought my dads f-150 down and they took that ad the buick and i took back the monte. all saturday i was getting it ready to go up till 1 am... i finally got back home with the monte at 9:30 am and slept till 4pm. went to the movies with some friends and the console started smoking like crazy again... so this week im gonna be seeing what the hell is the problem and hopefully its an easy fix.... if only i had another one of my trucks to send down there. then i would know nothing would go wrong...so far i have spent $150 in gas this weekend. $100 to fill the truck, 25 in the monte, and 25 in my dads truck to get it going on the trip. as of now they are in NC and are doing fine.

hey im here......long and frustrating weekend. monte almost caught fire on the way to north carolina with the family so i had to go to MA and see what was up at 5am(i only got 1 hour of sleep before then) looked and nothing was wrong.brought my dads f-150 down and they took that ad the buick and i took back the monte. all saturday i was getting it ready to go up till 1 am... i finally got back home with the monte at 9:30 am and slept till 4pm. went to the movies with some friends and the console started smoking like crazy again... so this week im gonna be seeing what the hell is the problem and hopefully its an easy fix.... if only i had another one of my trucks to send down there. then i would know nothing would go wrong...so far i have spent $150 in gas this weekend. $100 to fill the truck, 25 in the monte, and 25 in my dads truck to get it going on the trip. as of now they are in NC and are doing fine.

dammm that is a long weekend... what part of MA?

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Well, if it were me...I'd a let that Monte become toast...but then again...that's just me....and it's the FORD thing to say......Sounds you had a rougher time than me this past week Travis....if not then we're neck n neck.......

JR

so when do you want me to travel up your way to help you? =D haha

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
the car is in really good shape. i am pretty sure its something to do with the cd player thats in it. ive got the next 2 weeks to figure it out and then i go down to north carolina the weekend after next for 2 days. CANNONBALL RUN! gotta bring the monte and swap for the f-150.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts