Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

5.0 vs ecoboost.....

Personal opinion, nothing more. My truck has gone to the shop twice in the last month. The first time in I got a 2014 xlt 5.0 rental. Today I got a 2014 xlt ecoboost. I'm going to compare my first impressions of the motors. I felt that the 5.0 has more zip off the line, between lights. The ecoboost I got today just seems a little sluggish off the start, then the power feels like it rolls in. I've never driven a vehicle with a turbo before. So I'm assuming its turbo lag? Anyway. After driving the two, I'd think I would lean more towards the 5.0. I know this has been discussed a time or two before, just giving my two cents. Which isn't worth much since we don't have pennies in Canada any more.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Power brake it and rip the tires off when you drop the brake and floorboard the gas

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Power brake it and rip the tires off when you drop the brake and floorboard the gas

I've done that in the OL's Lincoln......very effective!

A little disappointing. My truck was ready to go early today. I never did get to take the eco for a good rip down the highway. I drove it five minutes from my house to the car rental.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts