Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Heading for Dallas...

Fellro

Staff member
Well, since we both have spring break together, the wife has decided she wants to get down to visit a high school friend who lives around Dallas while she is still up to it. I see you are a ways down the road there Storm, think you might have some time? Be there Tue-Thur. May wander on down to San Antonio, don't know at this point. If my uncle is home, may go out to his place near Austin too, hard to say.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
let me know when you get through this way if you come this way bud maybe we'll do lunch or dinner!

Fellro

Staff member
Looking at leaving Monday morning. Figure on running down 35 most of the way, at least until Oklahoma...

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Well, since we both have spring break together, the wife has decided she wants to get down to visit a high school friend who lives around Dallas while she is still up to it. I see you are a ways down the road there Storm, think you might have some time? Be there Tue-Thur. May wander on down to San Antonio, don't know at this point. If my uncle is home, may go out to his place near Austin too, hard to say.

You'd better get ready, and bring a LOT of green with you. I'm working south of Dallas right now. MY GOD! I don't see how ANYBODY can afford to live in this state. I paid 3.90 a gallon for diesel last night.

Gunner

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Everyone needs a Vacation . And its been 10 yrs since I had a real one. All those 1 day to parts swaps don't cut it.

Have fun . Seems the older you get the less time for your self.

Lost

Fellro

Staff member
It has been a couple years since I went anywhere, and that was my sister's out to Idaho. Actual vacation hasn't been for a long time, or pretty much, ever, most have been tied to something else.

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
I enjoyed the vacations we've taken (cuba/mexico), just wish I was of age when I went. Lol.

Have a safe trip, enjoy yourselves. :)

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Looking at leaving Monday morning. Figure on running down 35 most of the way, at least until Oklahoma...
I take 69 South through Okalahoma when I go. It's a bit rough, but no toll. Somewhere along the way it turns into 75 going into Dallas. I think that's right at the OK/TX Border.

Last edited:

Fellro

Staff member
I was thinking that was the number, been a while since I was down that way, took that route when we went down for a convention in '04.

Fellro

Staff member
You'd better get ready, and bring a LOT of green with you. I'm working south of Dallas right now. MY GOD! I don't see how ANYBODY can afford to live in this state. I paid 3.90 a gallon for diesel last night.

Gunner

About the same here....3.89 at the close stations,3.19 for gas.

econo61

head pervert
okla
hey roger, what time you think you'l be coming thru wagoner? since it is RIGHT ON HWY 69 i might be around town. havent seen you since you came after the car in pryor several years ago. give me a shout when you get near pryor and i'll see where i'm at at work, might be able to pull away and buy you lunch/ dinner if i am where i can.

jim- 918-695-8932. thats my cell, so its always on me.

Fellro

Staff member
Well, we are changing plans a little, be heading out after dropping off the step daughter tonight, hit Springfield for the night. Then however soon we get going in the morning, head on that way then, might make that area noon or so. Didn't realize who you were till now, good to see you around here... If we don't get to catch up on the way down, may get it done on the way back...

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Well, we are changing plans a little, be heading out after dropping off the step daughter tonight, hit Springfield for the night. Then however soon we get going in the morning, head on that way then, might make that area noon or so. Didn't realize who you were till now, good to see you around here... If we don't get to catch up on the way down, may get it done on the way back...
I have a guest room in Osage Beach. About 1 1/2 hours north of Springfield. :)

Fellro

Staff member
I have a guest room in Osage Beach. About 1 1/2 hours north of Springfield. :)
Damn, wish I would have remembered that... Of course, if my brain was working right, I would have said Columbia, not Springfield anyway... I was thinking Columbia, but told the wife Springfield, so she took it and got a room booked for the night, $45, so not overly expensive, but now I can't hang out with you for breakfast either... Have to see what the return trip holds.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Have to see what the return trip holds.
Dang, we were half-way between both places. And again, have a guest room with two queen beds. :) My sis-in-law and her little girls will be here this weekend though. Sure woulda been nice if you'd stayed the night and broke down for a week. :) Would have been a good excuse to say sorry, no room.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts