Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Anti freeze leak from throttle body

I have a 1993 F-150, and as I was repairing the small hose going to the front of the throttle body I noticed the little tube, it was loose and it was leaking when the truck was running, my local ford dealer told me the part was obsolete, and didn't give me any Idea on how to fix this, any suggestions?

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
If it's just a generic rubber hose you can buy it at the parts store. Just bring the old hose in so they can match the size and make sure to get some hose clamps ;)

I'm almost sure one of the guys on here can tell ya exactly what to do if you can manage to get a picture of it on here. :)

blacksnapon

Staff member
is it the tube pressed into the throttle body?
I believe those were pressed in. You might be able to gradually work the tube out, then use epoxy and seal it in.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
PRESSED in?! Weird. It might be easier if you had a picture of the tube. I replaced a small rubber hose that was coming out of the passenger side of the throttle body a few months back, I was assuming that was the one you were talking about... Is this a metal fitting that you're talking about?

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
All mine have had a bung that hose goes over . LIke Skan said.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
take it off its only for cold wheaters or something ... i dont have mine... i took it of from the radiator..the whole steel tube and the rubber one that goes to the trottle body..

plug it where the YELLOW line is and remove all the stuff where the RED line is

tbline.jpg

NOTE: old pic of my engine engine is not like this anymore... lol

Last edited:

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
hes talking about the line that goes from the heater hoses into the end of the throttle boddy, i believe.

let see if i can find a pic
101_0014.jpg

see the hose hanging off the spot on the throttle body andthe grey substance in the bottom freeze plug thing? well the bottom one had a leak in it. SO i bypassed it, Fearing that i would freeze up this winter i filled it full of jb weld. It didn work. so i left the extra hose hanging there for future fix.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
you know i tried jb weld but the best thing that worked for me was part of a pop can. i cut out a huge section of a pop can. Rolled itup into a pencil like form and than then smashed it into the hole.

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
the hose on the throttle body is for emmisions only. it preheats the throttle body to better warm the air to make the engine more efficient when it is cold. if the hose or pipe is leaking, it can be disconnected at the "t" and done away with.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
the hose on the throttle body is for emmisions only. it preheats the throttle body to better warm the air to make the engine more efficient when it is cold. if the hose or pipe is leaking, it can be disconnected at the "t" and done away with.
It makes the air HOTTER?! WTH?! Correct me if I'm wrong but hot air is the enemy of horsepower, no? Do I have this hose on my CA truck?

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
As far as I know all trucks have it, and yes.. hotter lol. It's on my list to pl (ew!!1 I just puked in my mouth god that was disgusting) it's on my list to plug.

Yuuuuck.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
yep. All trucks have it. when the engine is cold it releases more contaminates out the exhaust. When its hot it will burn more off. So if it warms up faster, The less it puts out to the environment.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
yep. But it would take alot long for the truck to warm up. Mine takes about 10-20 mins. where as before it would take 5-10.

but you wont be able to pass emissions.
dont plug it just bypass it. Wait you dont have it. we alrady had this conversation when you took pics of your motor after you cleaned it. You got a 5.8 right?
you dont have it. i dont think.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts