Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

First job tomorrow

blacksnapon

Staff member
The first thing I have to do tomorrow is run through the shop, a trade in 07 f250 6.0, lifted, huge tires, etc, etc. They want to know if they should keep it for the lot, or send it to the auction. Usually, these need to go away!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
You could just send it my way.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Usually, a customer purchasing this vehicle, would want a full warranty. You cant do it. If you're going to spend 30-40k on a truck, what would you want? Although pretty, its a headache waiting to happen.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Again I'LL take it! LOL

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
ill take it off yours hands! get a pic of the steering. im curious to see if they did it the right way or not

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
My guess- they owed about $10K more than it was worth, fuel and payments were eating them up alive, and the store slammed them into a program Explorer. Just guessing here. :)

We just bought one of those for the lot from our Dodge store (they don't do chitt with Fords, for some reason, but we do OK). Cummins trade-in. Hope the guy doesn't regret it- the 6.7 is turning into another Ford 6.0 story.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
We just bought one of those for the lot from our Dodge store (they don't do chitt with Fords, for some reason, but we do OK). Cummins trade-in. Hope the guy doesn't regret it- the 6.7 is turning into another Ford 6.0 story.

Just curious... what is hapening to the Cummins motor or set-up? Are they having EGR issues, injector issues, turbo issue or something else?

The EPA and "tree-huggers" wanted better emission motors, but now diesel trucks less mpg (so more fuel and emissions are given off on a per mile basis) than before, they cost more and diesel fuel is more expensive than gasoline... so nobody wins.

"Tree-huggers" want us to use ethonal, but vehicles get slightly less mpg than 100% gasoline and due to farmers growing more corn, flour prices are up, potato prices are up... so the net gain for a better environment is higher prices on other commodities and lower MPG's!!!!

What idiots!!!

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
The first thing I have to do tomorrow is run through the shop, a trade in 07 f250 6.0, lifted, huge tires, etc, etc. They want to know if they should keep it for the lot, or send it to the auction. Usually, these need to go away!

Ha if it goes to the auction it'll end up here at my dealer! Thats where all are 6.0's come from, RAV and auction trucks. We'll usually rip the chip out and kind of make it look stock and sell it, when the cust brings it back with a problem it's a good thing they sold the ESP...

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Just curious... what is hapening to the Cummins motor or set-up? Are they having EGR issues, injector issues, turbo issue or something else?

The EPA and "tree-huggers" wanted better emission motors, but now diesel trucks less mpg (so more fuel and emissions are given off on a per mile basis) than before, they cost more and diesel fuel is more expensive than gasoline... so nobody wins.

"Tree-huggers" want us to use ethonal, but vehicles get slightly less mpg than 100% gasoline and due to farmers growing more corn, flour prices are up, potato prices are up... so the net gain for a better environment is higher prices on other commodities and lower MPG's!!!!

What idiots!!!

Jake brake issues (seems to operate at random sometimes), software/driveability issues, cracked exhaust manifolds. EGR is about the only thing they aren't having issues with, but most of the stuff is emissions-related.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Sexyyyyy. I'll start the bidding at $5. Can anyone top THAT?! :)

I'll bid $100.00... cash at that!!!

Please don't make me go to $200 or I'll have to ask for my wife's permission (how embarressing)!!!!

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts