Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Amsoil is WARRANTY SECURE!

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
What does that Mean exactly?

It is against Federal law for an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) to deny warranty coverage based solely on the brand of lubricant used. The Warranty Secure symbol informs consumers of this fact. Using AMSOIL synthetic lubricants in place of OEM-branded lubricants, or practicing extended drain intervals when using AMSOIL lubricants, does not void new vehicle or equipment manufacturer warranties.

According to the Federal Trade Commission:

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket or recycled part.... The manufacturer or dealer must show that the aftermarket or recycled part caused the need for repairs before denying warranty coverage. (http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt192.shtm) (emphasis added)

AMSOIL stands behind its products and the people who use them. If the OEM claims use of AMSOIL products violates the warranty, contact AMSOIL Technical Services (715-399-TECH). For complete information on AMSOIL warranties, contact AMSOIL Technical Services or visit www.amsoil.com/warranty.

http://www.amsoil.com/warrantysecure.aspx?zo=5224678

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
I felt the need to post it. there are a lot of people that get thrown through the ringer by dealers saying they HAVE TO USE they're brand oil or else warranty is voided.. which its simply not true.

As matter of fact I had a coworker bring up a similar issue today with his newer KIA car.. the dealer has told him he had to have then Change. I got him corrected on it.

Best part is if a dealer is doing this, I can contact Amsoil, let them know, they'll contact the dealer correcting them, and telling them to cease this practice..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts