Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1966 F350 specs

Looking for all the info I can get on a 1966 F350. I have a line on one which is a barn find with 52000 Miles stored since 1986.....mint. 2wd, 352, reg cab,4spd, 9ft tilt box. asking price is 3500 with new 17 inch rims as the original tires were rotten.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
What info are you looking for? If you have a VIN I can look in a 1966 manual and hopefully decode it.

I dont have the vin but cannot seem to find detail info on motor trans and differential options/specs. Once the snow clears I should be able to drive it and inspct it closely. I want to be informed before I look at the unit. Pics are very impressive but seeings beliving.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
From what I can tell from reading the 1966 book.

F35 doesn't show but F is a conventional 2 axle gas and 35 should mean 350 which has a 10k gvw

Y is a 352 2bbl

C is Ontario plant

847371 is an April build

If I'm wrong, I'm sure BKW will let me know :D

I will scan the pages so you can look as well.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Here are the ID pages from the 1966 Ford Manual:

SCAN0818.JPG

SCAN0819.JPG

SCAN0820.JPG

SCAN0821.JPG

SCAN0823.JPG

SCAN0822.JPG

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That's an Alberta licence plate and there is no snow...wth? :suspicious:

Just checked out the beast. Looks good and made an offer. Fairly bad oil leaks from trans (4 spd new process ?) Tilt bed works well. Interior is pristine. Runs very well. new bake system, rims, exaust. Can these trans be rebuilt cheaply, mostly want to stop leaks.

I bought the truck. One question I have is the rear end code is 27 which is not listed in the documents above. Any specs would be nice.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I bought the truck. One question I have is the rear end code is 27 which is not listed in the documents above. Any specs would be nice.

Is there a tag on the axle?...It might have been possibly swapped. I can look in a few other books this weekend, but it might be a guess at best.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts