Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Straightened the bumper... Sorta

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Finally pulled off the bumper and attempted to straighten in out. Got the passenger side straight as an arrow, but had a real tough time with the driver side. Had to remount and dismount the bumper 4 or 5 times to check alignment, got better and better but just couldn't get it all the way.

I bet the brackets that are attached to the bumper which were nearly impossible to bend back since the bumper doesn't weigh very much so I couldn't get any leverage. So instead I just bent the brackets on the truck in the opposite direction. Two crooked brackets = One straight bumper :D (sorta) Also snugged the bumper up towards the grill as far as I could. "Prove it!!" Okay ;)

DSC01267.jpg

Had to cover the license plate because the reflective material was screwing with the flash:
DSC01275.jpg

DSC01271.jpg

DSC01269.jpg

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
now the poor thing looks like it suffered a stroke with just the one side all saggin and stuff! ROTFLMAO

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
at least before it just looked pissed off! HAHA

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
The reflective-er your liscence plates the better! cover it in saran wrap so the red-light camera cant get a peek at it!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Yeah it looks good. I know mine was a PITA after the body lift to re-align!

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
yeah mine was wicked hard to do, oh wait mine isn't sagging at all!

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Mine either :D. Although my rear bumper is pushed in about a half inch from a prior minor rear-ending I assume. I'll have to replace the brackets at some point.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I have had my drop bumper on several trucks . Every on took some serious redo to fit nice and all were fords . Good job.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts