Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

looking for new job

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
well, im looking for a new job... i like where i work but don't like the "upper management.." does anybody know where i can find an automotive technician job online? like other job sites like careerbuilders and monster? i live in NH and prefer to work in NH where there is no income tax.

Michigan
Try craigslist buddy. Maby something will be there, i know theres tons of auto tec jobs here in michigan.

Michigan
Of course someone would have to buy that case of beer for him, unless the laws are different in calli! lol

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
Try craigslist buddy. Maby something will be there, i know theres tons of auto tec jobs here in michigan.

yeah i looked at craigslist. found one job and send them an e-mail tonight. Ive looked on careerbuilders and monster and everybody is looking for someone with minimum 5 years experience........................................

i did find a contract one where they send you out to iraq for a year for like $110,000 and fix the military vehicles and/or retrieve them. but you need 3 years experience!!!............

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
How many years you got where you're at?

Kind of sounds like it might really work in your favor if you could stick it out another couple of years, so you've got the experience most jobs are looking for.

But it may not be worth it. Some things aren't.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
well ive got 8 months here and it sucks. flat out.. the owners think for them selves and don't invest in the company at all, they just pocket it..... most of the stuff we have is hacked...and/or doesn't work. i suggested some things that would help advertise/make the company more efficient but im just the low guy on the totem pole...

Start your own business.

Buy a cube van and be a mobile mechanic - assuming you already have to tools. Many people like dealing with mobile mechanics so that they don't have to leave their car with the shop, so that they don't ave to tow the car when there is no start or break down etc.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
Start your own business.

Buy a cube van and be a mobile mechanic - assuming you already have to tools. Many people like dealing with mobile mechanics so that they don't have to leave their car with the shop, so that they don't ave to tow the car when there is no start or break down etc.

you know i was thinking about that. but i don't have the resources for it at the moment(money). but it does seem like a good idea, and can see why people would like that better then bringing it to a shop for the day.

you know i was thinking about that. but i don't have the resources for it at the moment(money). but it does seem like a good idea, and can see why people would like that better then bringing it to a shop for the day.

Get a canopy for your truck and get by that way for the mean time.

If anything, go part time where you are now and do the self employed thing on the side out of your truck just to see where it goes. If it takes off, do it full time.

You do have the tools to do this right? If so, the canopy is all you need to start and that isn't going to cost alot. Down the road when income is sufficient, then go for the cube van.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
yeah ive got the tools. thats not a bad idea actually. hmm im going to have to look some stuff up and i might just chase that idea.

my tools (boxes and cart at least)
n501192138_922188_5679.jpg

n501192138_922194_6464.jpg

Until you get the cube van, you may have to get by without an air compressor, but that can be gotten around by doing things the old fashioned way. You may have to get by without 120v AC, but that can be gotten around by using 12v DC tools such as drop lights. When things take off, get a generator for the cube van that way you don't have to worry about draining batteries.

To start, advertise on the net and news papers and get a cell phone (if you don't already have one) - see how many calls you get. Continue to advertise and build up a reputation and after a while (a year or 2) you will get big. If nothing else, you can cut down your time at Meineke and be our own boss half the time. You can get more $$$ per hour on your own then you can there anyways. Since you can't predict when the calls will come, you will have to end up working when you didn't want to, but you have to do it to get the business running.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
For once, I actually agree with eco. ("HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU USED THE 'FOR ONCE' THING?!") :rofl2:

But seriously, I think that's a really good idea. And for an air compressor perhaps you could just run a small 12v compressor and a small tank for some minor tools (if you need them).

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
hmm yeah i actually think this might work out. something like AAA roadside assistance kinda.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts