Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

chek engine light comes on when it wants to.. how to chek for CM codes?

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
chek engine comes on for a bit when driving then goes back out... truck is running great tough.. no problems but i wanna chek for codes i did a KOER code chek and no unusual codes.. just the ones i always had 33 and 44

KOEO chek give me the codes about the emmissions crap ive took off that i had for about a year now... ok no prob

but how to chek for CM codes?

Just do the KOEO check and after the first part is over you will get a separation code and then the CM codes.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
k thanks.. ill try it..

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
but i had that code.. for over a year now.. never gave me trouble.. we bought the truck in 98 with the EGR blocked off

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
I wouldn't be suprised if the codes you're gettin' are from bypassing the smog pump.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
I wouldn't be suprised if the codes you're gettin' are from bypassing the smog pump.

yes those are from that.. but i know.. they never gave me an chek engine light..

im cheking the codes tomorrow didn have time today

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
no prob buddy ;)

but i had that code.. for over a year now.. never gave me trouble.. we bought the truck in 98 with the EGR blocked off
Is the EGR valve still there with a blank behind it but still wired up with a vacuum line to it?
Or is there a resister network plugged into the sensor plug?

If you do not have a resister network or the valve still there with a block off blank then you will get the CEL (MIL) light when the engine reaches operating temp at mid throttle and will go out at WOT or idle.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Is the EGR valve still there with a blank behind it but still wired up with a vacuum line to it?
Or is there a resister network plugged into the sensor plug?

If you do not have a resister network or the valve still there with a block off blank then you will get the CEL (MIL) light when the engine reaches operating temp at mid throttle and will go out at WOT or idle.
n

no the vacuum stuff over there by the coil has been removed ... never saw them and vacuum from egr is blocked.. but yes! it is still plucked in.. ive been searching whats the resistance i need to put there? can you show me what i need and wich pins to connect it to.. i just need the risistance i can make it myself at school

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
i just did the KOEO chek and it gave me

had those for a long time now.. since all the emissions stuff is gone.. never gave me a prob,
repeated that once more and then a separation code and got the

33 EGR valve opening not detected.
41 HEGO sensor circuit indicates system lean (right side).

now the 41 is a new code for me never had that one before.. as for the EGR i saw one time somehwere a thing to buy to bypass it im going to search for it.. i dont wanna do something on my own risk and frie something lol.

nway ass for the code 41 what now?

EDIT :

here we go

http://rjminjectiontech.com/?p=9

Last edited:

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
found another meaning for code 41 in the scanner im using manual this makes more sense since i dont have 2 oxygen sensor it cant tell wich side it was lean or rich .. so i think O2 sensor is giong bad replace soon here is the other meaning i found in the manual

Exhaust Gas Oxygen
(EGO) sensor: voltage
signal always “lean” (low
value) – does not switch

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
i have a question.. can 1 o2 sensor detect right or left side running lean or rich????

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts