Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Brake headache

Hello new to site. I need some help. I own a 2010 Expedition 4WD with 29,000 miles on it. My right front brake is hanging up. I have completed the following repairs, both rotors turned(less than 29,000 miles on vehicle), caliper (replaced twice on right side), new caliper mount, 2 new brake hoses on front, new brake shoes each time, brake fluid completely flushed, power bleed brake system. The right front brake pads are only making contact on the upper inch portion of the rotor and are dragging. The rest of the brakes are fine and the brake pad contacts the full width of each rotor. I can turn the wheel its not locked up. The rim get hot to the touch the rotor is really hot with brake smell. I don't know what else to do next. Bearing are fine, hub is cooler to touch than rotor or caliper.

blacksnapon

Staff member
That sounds like a mis-match of parts or the caliper slides are binding. One other time I've seen an incorrect pads issue that kept the pads cocked (they had an extra "ear" on them)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts