Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What brake pads u like.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
On my 93 I went through 4 sets of lining that dusted rims out or squealed to much . I went and got Ford pads . Time to buy more pads for the 94 .

I had raybustus :) , And others maybe I just bought wrong quailty $ U know the
Last a years to the lifetimes (which alway squeal)

Any luck or just got get Ford ones again

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Well got the Raybestus service grade. The Ford Garage was closed. Install next weekend Hopefully

RocketScience

Alleged Recruiter
I'm still lookin for a set that have 'wear indicators' for my '01 PSD. Why don't ALL pads have these? With my driving stile, I eat front pads about every 20K.

Must be that the pad mfgr's are in cahoots with rotor mfgr's -do ya think??

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
I'm still lookin for a set that have 'wear indicators' for my '01 PSD. Why don't ALL pads have these? With my driving stile, I eat front pads about every 20K.

Must be that the pad mfgr's are in cahoots with rotor mfgr's -do ya think??

GM (cough, cough) has them on all thier vehicles.

My '93 ate front brakes. When I upgraded to better pads, all it did was go through rotors faster. Put me down in the "Motorcraft" column. One thing I did find on the truck- if you forget to lube the sliders the pads won't release completely and have to be replaced in about 5-8,000 miles. :headbang:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Well the Dealer one do last better but I didn't get the pads or anything else on as I have had a company truck again.

I may take em back and get Motorcrafts

RocketScience

Alleged Recruiter
GM (cough, cough) has them on all thier vehicles....
Figures...

....One thing I did find on the truck- if you forget to lube the sliders the pads won't release completely and have to be replaced in about 5-8,000 miles. :headbang:
Yeah, found that out (unfortunately) after throwin' on the very first set, and I think the dust boots gotta a design flaw in that they won't stay put. This is all peanuts however to the idiotic integrated bearing/hub design of this vintage. I just replaced both of mine a few months back at $375 a pop.

Which reminds me; has anybody started a "Ford Engineers I'd Like To Shoot" thread yet? :D

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
GM (cough, cough) has them on all thier vehicles

Yeah...I got a buddy who's a GM guy. When them things start making noise he has to take the brakes off, and break off the wear strip so he can get more miles out of 'em. It's like doing a whole brake job twice for every set of pads he goes through.

(His Jimmy also hasn't had functioning rear brakes for the last 40k miles... I suppose the combination of the above two things, may explain the foot massage you get at every stop sign in his car...:hammer: )

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts