Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The frame

Oldracerjones

Texas Chapter member
My 62 flareside has the bed and front end off and I'm ready to remove the cab, engine and trans. Thinking a little ahead, I've decided to paint the frame instead of powder coating after reading the comments from you guys.
Do any of you know if anyone rents a CO2 blaster? The blast media disintegrates so I could use it in my driveway. If you do, please let me know what company rents them.

P.S. I'm just north of Fort Worth Texas.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Will CO2 actually remove material?...I thought it was more for doing food prep type machines.
And why not on the powdercoat?

Oldracerjones

Texas Chapter member
Will CO2 actually remove material?...I thought it was more for doing food prep type machines. And why not on the powdercoat?

You a CO2 blaster works okay, rough stuff is harder but it will get most off. Everything 8've read said powder coat and paint last about the same. Cost for powder coating a frame is much more than painting. So since I can paint, I think I'll go that route.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'm not familiar with the CO2 blasting, that's why I asked...please post up some pics if you got that route.
Interesting on the powdercoat...my understanding is that it lasts much longer and is less prone to chipping etc.
I've looked at a few vehicles that have had it done including a friends GTO and it seems to hold up real well.
That is the route I have taken with my own truck anyway.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts