Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Help on Eng. Fuel Pressure Light On ?

Hello All,

I need some advice ..... Trouble Shooting Help.

I have a 1994 B-700 Ford Truck with a 429 Gas Engine. When I parked it, it ran fine, has a Automation Transmission.

I see the " Engine Fuel Pr4essure Light On in the Instrument Panel. The Light is at the lower left on bottom of the Instrument Panel.

I bought the two book series for 1994 Truck's.. F600 thru F800, including B Series and Diesel Engines as well.

I have read thru the books and found some reference to the -- Fuel Pressure Light. However, I did not find that much information. The truck ran fine when parked and thought that corrosion or something like this cause the problem.

I tried to hot wire the fuel pump that's located in the tank (right side) and was not sure of the Hot Wire Feed to the Pump in the tank and stopped there.

I'm asking -- where do I need to check for power to the -- Engine Fuel Pump ?

I checked the fuse panel on the left side (floor area) and No Power Feeds going to the Fuel Pump from what I tested, also all the fuse's are Good.

If anyone had this (fuel pressure light on) problem.. before...please drop me a line. Let me know what you did to get power to the Fuel Tank Pump.

Also, I jumped across terminals at the solenoid and engaged the starter. The truck had some pressure still in the fuel injector lines and ran for 2 to 5 seconds and then ran out of gas (fuel pressure light on). You have nothing at the key, the Auto Trans. is in Neutral and Nothing, starter will not engage. The parking brake is set too, the truck has Hydraulic Brakes.

Thanks,

Avery

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts