Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

steering issues 06 f150

econo61

head pervert
okla
got a weird problem.
seems if i turn the steering to lock either direction, it wont return on its own.
its fine as long as i dont go to lock with it.

been like that for a while now, prolly 10-15 thousand miles. truck has 55 thousand on it so it is a little out on the warranty.

that is weird??? so you turn it hard all the way left or right and it won't come back on it's own~ never heard that one before

econo61

head pervert
okla
evrything is greased up and seems to be free. may have to put a little lucas in it and see what happens.

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
just because it is greased, doesnt mean it cant stick. if any boot is cracked or busted, dirt can still get in and cause one to stick or increase friction. had one do that on a e150 van that waas passed to me.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
got a weird problem.
seems if i turn the steering to lock either direction, it wont return on its own.
its fine as long as i dont go to lock with it.

been like that for a while now, prolly 10-15 thousand miles. truck has 55 thousand on it so it is a little out on the warranty.

Check ball joints and tie rods for binding, also improper caster ajustment can affect returnablity.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts