Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

no temp building up

hey all some help once again would be great i am not getting any engine temp building up at all the temp gauge stays at or below the cold mark and blows cold into the cab i had to replace the water pump due to weep hole leak have changed the t stats 3 times tried to get rid of a possible air pocket in cooling system i really would like to resolve this issue as its damn cold here and my fuel mileage is suffering bad due to running rich any help is always appreciated

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
I would think the coolant temp is actually warm because the engine produces heat. The gauges are likely a sensor issue you have two sensors for the heat one for the gauge and one for the computer.
You could have a plugged up heater core. you can check this by pulling the hose off the heater core and checking if you have flow in and out of the core.
Have a bucket ready to catch the antifreeze.

hey thanks for all the help from everyone that responded to my problem after checking all possibilities i decided to just replace the heater core instead of flushing it and found to be plugged solid got great heat again now problem is resolved thanks again all

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts