Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2000 Expedition Brakes

I bought a 2000 Expedition the other day and was told that the brakes were most likely going on it. So I got the truck home jacked it up rear first. I shook with what I found. I wish I had taken a wheel off before I bought it.
I took the wheels off to find NO Pads on the calipers (just steel on steel) Then I removed the caliper noticing that most of the dust cover was missing, I knew I was in for a heck of a job now. Got the caliper off removed the rotor what was left of it, then 2 slim pieces of steel fell out. I think they used to be the Parking brake or E-brake shoes. Anyway I ordered new dust covers, new calipers, new rotors, new pads, new shoes with spring kits, and new e-brake cables. I started replacing all the parts and found something is missing. So I get out the manual (Chilton) for my Expedition and it does not show or illustrate what is supposed to connect the E-brake cable to the shoes. I then called the Ford dealer, and was told I had everything needed to complete the job, and they had no other parts that would connect the cable to the brake shoes. I know there dead wrong. There is a elongated hole on the upper part of the dust cover for something to go through that connects the cable to the brakes. Any ideas of what it is and where to get it????:headbang:

E Brake actuators

docb969, this is the part you are looking for. They are the E Brake actuator. It is made up of 2 pieces pinned together and the same part fits both sides. One side is stamped Left and the other is stamped Right. You turn the piece over to match the side its on. The pieces have to easily move like a pair of scissors, the e brake cable hooks on the end, the shoes are against the two arms inside, as the e brake is set they spread apart expanding the shoes. Good luck finding them, no auto parts carries them but they do show them on the schematic and even call them by name but no information or part numbers. I got mine at a local junk yard

Attachments

• 2frb.jpg
  • 1frb.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts