Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Rust converter before/after, I couldn't wait for paint.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Well, I just couldn't wait until after we were done painting (rust encapsulator)...had to show you the difference with just the rust converter only....wow, judge for yourself:

BEFORE:

These before shots were actually the ones the PO sent me and I just came from outside to try and match the locations.

AFTER:

So, now that I can see better, I can actually see the locations where we missed some spots and will take the aerosol cans and spray those locations before we paint the encapsulator.

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Next step is to do rust converter touch ups on spots we can clearly see we missed (1 hour tops).

Then rust encapsulator (flat black paint) - (2-3 hours).

Then Amsoil Heavy Duty Metal Protector (2-3 hours) and she'll be winter proof.

On the F150 all I have to do is the HDMP and she's winter proofed and I'll do the Amsoil thing annually each fall on these two rigs as they will be driven in the winter.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I'm excited to show the before and afters of some of the rocker panel work we did.....all in all, I invested a few days of my time (which I thoroughly enjoyed by the way) and about $400 (chemicals and mechanic labor).

So basically, outside of my own labor, after all that we did to it, we'd be hard pressed to find another vehicle similar to it for the price, so I believe I made the right call and now have all the warm and fuzzies about the purchase.....we're still $5k+ under blue book and got an incredible vehicle I think will give our family a good 5-7+ years, maybe more.

Dieter621

Dieter621
NJ
I had minor rust on my 2003 and the rust converter and encapsulate worked great. The internet is great for finding anything you need!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Cool Ken, I should consider that for the fuel/air tanks on the 750 until I can get them blasted and painted.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Thanks fellas....that stuff is like magic.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Watch this:

I posted this somewhere else also.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts