Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dashboard TSB

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I performed a TSB on my truck a while back, involving the replacement of a plastic dashboard bracket with a metal bracket. The bracket that came on the truck was prone to breaking on the passenger side, leaving the passenger side of the dash unsupported, which creates lots of rattles and squeaks. Ford put out a kit to fix this: a metal bracket and some pop rivets. You saw off the remainder of the broken bracket then rivet a metal one in it's place.

Mike's got some noise from the dash and for the life of me I can't find the TSB... Anyone know which TSB I'm talking about?

Nevermind, I was confused by a typo that you have since fixed - I deleted my original message.

Michigan
My dashboard is making noises. Chris brought it to my attention that it might be broken. So that TSB would be kool if it has any part numbers. Better than trying to explain to the parts guy behind the ford counter saying, whats that?

Last edited:

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
im not able to find anything about a loose dashboard in the TSB or recalls

From FORD you get one steel, double angle bracket, three pop rivets, and a set of installation instructions all in a box.

They did have to order it and it cost $18.72 plus Tax for a total of 20.09 as of 11/04/05.
It took about two days to get it and with out this number they did not know what I saw talking about.
Part # F4TZ-1504366-A

Instrument Panel, Loose Right Hand Attachment to Cowl Side TSB 94-15-13 by Ford for 92-94 Bronco, F-150-350 Series
NOISE—“RATTLE” COMING FROM RIGHT SIDE OF INSTRUMENT PANEL
FORD: 1992-1994 BRONCO, F SUPER DUTY, F-150-350 SERIES
ISSUE
A “rattling” noise may come from the right hand PART NUMBER PART NAME
side of the instrument panel. This occurs when the F4TZ-1504366-A Instrument Panel Service Kit
cowl attachment cracks causing the instrument
panel to become loose. OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES: NONE
WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under The
ACTION Provisions Of Bumper To
Install a metal bracket to the right side of the Bumper Warranty Coverage
instrument panel to secure instrument panel to cowl. OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
Refer to Instruction Sheet #6551. 941513A Install Bracket 1.0 Hr.
DEALER CODING
Service Kit (F4TZ-1504366-A) consists of:
CONDITION
• One (1) bracket BASIC PART NO. CODE
• Three (3) rivets 04366 01
• One (1) Instruction Sheet #6551 OASIS CODES: 107000, 702300

The TSB:
http://www.thedieselstop.com/faq/9497faq/tsb/tsb/files/941513.pdf

Last edited:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
A friend has a loose/rattly dash in a '95, too.

How much work is required to replace that bracket? Whole dash got to come apart, or can you do it just through the glovebox door or something?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
A friend has a loose/rattly dash in a '95, too.

How much work is required to replace that bracket? Whole dash got to come apart, or can you do it just through the glovebox door or something?
No it couldnt be more simple. Remove the passenger kick panel and the broken bracket is exposed. Saw off the remaining bracket parts (shown in Bill's pic up there) and use a pop-rivet gun to rivet the new metal bracket in place. Bolt that bracket into the hole on the body where the old one was attached (use the old bolt) and put the kick panel back on. Real simple ;)

Michigan
Hey thanks Chris for figuring that TSB for me lol. I still have to check it, been busy, but today i got NOTHING to do so im on my way out!

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
where the hell is this at.

Could this explain why when i got around hard corners my dash pops...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
where the hell is this at.

Could this explain why when i got around hard corners my dash pops...
Remove the passenger kick panel. The bracket that breaks is the bracket that attaches the passenger side of the dashboard to the passenger side of the truck body (painted metal). You'll see it as soon as you remove the passenger kick.

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
Got my TSB kit today , gonna put it in on the weekend, that new bracket looks tough as nails,

It costed my boss ,LOL, 19.27$ ,can't wait to get it in, maybe my damn Bully remote starter will arrive this weekend too, kill two birds in one sitting.

Michigan
Sweet, I wanna get remote start on mine as well. I got to many things goin lol one thing at a time!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts