Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

64 retro 96

I some how acquired a 1964 f100 short bed that is sitting on a 1996 ford explorer chassis with a 4.0 fuel injected v6. Everything is there, wiring harness, fire wall etc, this explorer has power everything and it was all removed and kept for this truck. My wife has orders to Korea for a year and she leaves the first of may, so I have decided to start work on it and see if I can't have it ready for her to drive when she gets back. Most of the hard work is done, it is already bolted too the 96 frame and sits very well, the next step is to fab in the front firewall and then have the entire body sand blasted, the though part is getting my wife to pick a color with out her knowing I am trying to get it ready for her.
P9130550_zps7201d21c.jpg

smilieFordlogo

That is really cool - a marriage of classic truck and modern drive-line YelloThumbUp YelloThumbUp .
As far as getting your wife to pick a colour you could always drag her along to a couple of classic truck/car shows and watch her reaction to similar style trucks - that's also really cool you're going to build it up for a surprise for her too.

primetime

sawmill slave
While not my first choice chassis wise, it is very cool. What is her favorite color? My lady likes blue, and loves my 71. However, she is Ohio State all the way so any thing red, or scarlet and grey works.

Not sure how to do the dash though, thinking about using the explorer dash because of all the electronics, have to measure it and see if it will work.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts