Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Everyone should have one of these in their garage.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Always wanted to get some old dealership signs...but doggon I'd need a loan from FT Knox.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
smilieIagree No kidding, the prices for old enamel metal signs, ouch!

I get my hopes up watching shows like American Pickers that those enamel signs are out there in a barn for cheap...I have yet to find that barn or person letting it go cheap.:(

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
$1500? Dang.....but that would be cool to own and put up in a garage for sure!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I get my hopes up watching shows like American Pickers that those enamel signs are out there in a barn for cheap...I have yet to find that barn or person letting it go cheap.:(

I tivo that show and try to catch an episode here and there when the opportunity arises and when I see them pull out old Ford signs, it gets my thoughts going also on finding something like that. smilieFordlogo

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
There is another one on Ebay(lighted) for $500. I can't find it right now, though. I also enjoy watching American pickers pull old porcelain signs out of barns. The people USUALLY know what they are worth, though. :(

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member

That's a setup for the show. I have been pick'n stuff for 20 years or so and have a friend that has done it for 50 years or more. Years ago you could find stuff but now finding a Nut( even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time.) is rare

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That's a setup for the show. I have been pick'n stuff for 20 years or so and have a friend that has done it for 50 years or more. Years ago you could find stuff but now finding a Nut( even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time.) is rare

Yeah...I've bought grab bags at auctions, random sotrage units, picked through old houses/buildings, etc etc...there's usually some meat left on the bone, but rarely do I come across something I could double or triple my money on. Usually the best luck I have is talking to my demolition/contractor buddies and let me have go before they tear in to their project...but they usually want 50% of profits.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
I still get a lot of stuff I can double my money in often. Nothing great just little stuff that I can pick up for 50 bucks our under.
My best find recently was old civil war photos and post cards bought a old album full of them for a few bucks under 50 and each card over 20 in the album is worth a few hundred each. I kept them for my collection of civil war stuff.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That's a good looking grille. I <3 car parts as wall art.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts