Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Project Maybe?

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I saw this truck in my father in laws junkyard and thought it would a cool truck to fix up and make a father son project in a few years. It's what I believe is a 1965 F100 2wd short bed. Here is the VIN F10BK877414

The fender badging shows F100 twin I beam. It needs alot of work. The inside of the bed is toast and the cab floors are bad. It's a complete truck minus a seat, but would need a new motor and trans. The truck would need alot of work, but I think in good enough shape to fix up.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I saw this truck in my father in laws junkyard and thought it would a cool truck to fix up and make a father son project in a few years. It's what I believe is a 1965 F100 2wd short bed. Here is the VIN F10BK877414

The fender badging shows F100 twin I beam. It needs alot of work. The inside of the bed is toast and the cab floors are bad. It's a complete truck minus a seat, but would need a new motor and trans. The truck would need alot of work, but I think in good enough shape to fix up.

Doing something like this has always been a dream of mine if my boys were interested. While I'm not so sure we tackle something this large, the body from this picture seems to be pretty darn solid.

We'd probably start off with a much better donor if we tackled something like that just because it's me! :wasntme:

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
It would really be a project and would take some time. I don't see too many short box trucks of this era around and is why I thought it would be cool. Plus, I could probably get it for next to nothing from my father in law. I don't mind the work and it would be another learning project with welding and body work. Also, would have to convince my wife I need something else. But, this would be a truck that I'd just get out of the junkyard and put it away in a building for a few years until my son is old enough to help out because I think it would be one of the best things a father and son could do and my son is really into cars and trucks.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
It would really be a project and would take some time. I don't see too many short box trucks of this era around and is why I thought it would be cool. Plus, I could probably get it for next to nothing from my father in law. I don't mind the work and it would be another learning project with welding and body work. Also, would have to convince my wife I need something else. But, this would be a truck that I'd just get out of the junkyard and put it away in a building for a few years until my son is old enough to help out because I think it would be one of the best things a father and son could do and my son is really into cars and trucks.

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

My 77 was built over 8 years by a father and son and while I can see the incredible amount of detail that went into it over the years, I can only IMAGINE the times they had driving to different salvage yards or wrenching together late at night in the garage or surfing the internet for parts!

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I wouldn't bite off that much, but I've seen the quality builds you do. It could be worse.

Ryan

Ya, it would probably be more than what I would want to do, but there is something about bringing something back from the dead that I like. However, I'd have to really get down and look at the truck to see if it's worth it or not. My brother has an early 80s hatchback Mustang that I'm trying to get from him. It's not a muscle car or anything but it would be a nice project cause it has no rust and require little body work. It just needs a new motor and tranny.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ya, it would probably be more than what I would want to do, but there is something about bringing something back from the dead that I like. However, I'd have to really get down and look at the truck to see if it's worth it or not. My brother has an early 80s hatchback Mustang that I'm trying to get from him. It's not a muscle car or anything but it would be a nice project cause it has no rust and require little body work. It just needs a new motor and tranny.

Any kinda wrenching with dad will be special, but there's something about boys/guys and a pickup truck!

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous

That brings back memories. That was my very first vehicle, same color, but a long bed. I paid $400 and drove it 1100 miles home from college. The clutch went out after I pulled into the parent's driveway.

That does look like quite a project.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
That brings back memories. That was my very first vehicle, same color, but a long bed. I paid $400 and drove it 1100 miles home from college. The clutch went out after I pulled into the parent's driveway.

That does look like quite a project.

That's cool. I see long beds all the time, but the short beds I don't. And yes, it would be quite the project. I could basically pay scrap price for it. Maybe it's seeing something like that just wasting away that makes me want to bring it back.

primetime

sawmill slave
I`m guessing 66 by what little I can see of the grill. Other than the floors, How`s the rest of the cab? Same with the bed. I`d probably snag it up. But I digress.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Other than the floor, the cab is pretty solid. The bed floor is completely gone, but the sides are Ok other than dents. The tailgate is toast too. The front fenders are solid as well as the inner fenders. There is no dents or rust around windows or drip rails and other than the seat, the truck is complete. I am gonna take another look at it in a month to check it out in more detail and if I can jusy pay scrap price for it, I may just haul it out and someday start fixing it. Otherwise, I'd just sell it to the scrap yard. IDK why, but it just stands out to me. I'm new to the whole welding and body work so I think it would be a real learning project thats for sure. Learning on things of this caliber just prepares me to maybe someday fix up a muscle car that would take much more perfection and cost.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts