Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Towing?

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
In the near future im thinking about a 09+ F150 to tow my camper with and to retire the old 77.

Would a crewcab 4wd with a 5.4 (or ecoboost on the 10+) be ok towing a 30 ft camper that weighs in around 7000lbs?

My wife isnt too keen on a superduty and itll be my daily driver....so i feel like a 150 will fit into everyday life a lil better.

Input?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Check it out...

http://www.fleet.ford.com/towing-guides/

I can tell you that a friend just got a 150 with the Ecoboost and we went down to the weigh scale and with a 5500 lb trailer and the truck loaded with the family and typical camping stuff he was over the limits set by Ford.
This 150 had the 3.73's and regular tow package...you would probably need the max tow package to do what you want to do.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
I couldnt load the chart on my phone lol.

Maybe ill just tell her im getting a superduty. Actually if it wasnt for her whining id take anouher 600 dollar gamble for 3.73s and an exhaust for the 77 and keep using it (which i may do anyways).

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If I was going to tow something like that, I'd make my life happy and the Superduty.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts