Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Odd noise in the Focus Fixed

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Well the other day the wife said the Focus was making a noise.
I heard the noise on the road moving it increased with speed. Sounded like a ripped CV joint slapping. I drove it approximately 6 miles trying to figure out what the noise was in the front left wheel was.

I stopped checked the tire, cv boot etc. couldn't see anything out to whack.Got home checked everything again all looked fine. It was getting dark so I figured I would look at it the next morning.

Second day diagnostic took in on another drive about 3 miles still doing it. Stopped checked over everything again on the road. Nothing. Was starting to think I was hearing things.
Got back parked and looked at it for a few minutes nothing out of the ordinary again. Started it up and backed up about a foot and stopped to grab a cell charger and throw it in the truck. Walking over I saw the "Noise"
A piece of Bright pink tape about 4inches long stuck to the tire. It was slapping the inner fender plastic. It was the gummiest tape I have ever seen had to yank to get it off the tread. ( I want to find that tape it's good stuff.) What are the odds of stopping several times and having the tire stop on the same spot hiding that tape several times. It was Bright pink something you can't miss.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
That's funny stuff!!!

Sent from the comfort of my toilet seat.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
The odds are very good Randy!!

Josh...you gotta change that line...I keep giggling for no apparent reason!

Ford Truck Articles