Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

headlights... idea

i was looking at an 06 f250 as it pulled in the parking lot at work.

i love the headlight design of them.. i noticed that our generation f-series and the 06 headlight design look pretty similar in size and shape, has anyone ever tryed to install them on there truck?

if it works it would be sickkk to put the Harley Davidson headlights in!!

i know that in 99-04 they use the same 9007 bulb after that its H13(9008)

its definetly possible, i just want to know if you need to do body modification or if its imple replace

exactly.. 99-04 would be best bet as it uses the 9007 bulb

The sheet metal of your truck is just thin metal - it can be cut, shaped, welded, bent and curved to your liking for any customization that you want. "Hot Rodders" have been doing this since oh, 1919? ha ha.

*MY* headlight idea for my 93 crewcab is to remove the slightly curvy headlilghts, and flush-mount onto the header panel seperate high/low beams, round or square, then cover the entire area (headlights and grill) with a new homemade grill, where the headlight areas are articulated - much like the vaccum-actuated headlight doors of the late 60's early 70's, found on various Chryslers as well as Ford Cougars, LTD's, Country Squires, and so forth.

I've been pondering this for about... oh... 7 years? LMAO

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
The sheet metal of your truck is just thin metal - it can be cut, shaped, welded, bent and curved to your liking for any customization that you want. "Hot Rodders" have been doing this since oh, 1919? ha ha.

*MY* headlight idea for my 93 crewcab is to remove the slightly curvy headlilghts, and flush-mount onto the header panel seperate high/low beams, round or square, then cover the entire area (headlights and grill) with a new homemade grill, where the headlight areas are articulated - much like the vaccum-actuated headlight doors of the late 60's early 70's, found on various Chryslers as well as Ford Cougars, LTD's, Country Squires, and so forth.

I've been pondering this for about... oh... 7 years? LMAO
Wait wait wait... Would the headlights have moving doors or are they just stationary and shine THROUGH the huge grill...

So when the headlights are off you'd just see a giant mesh grill all the way across the front of the truck?

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
well dont wait to long. You might see your idea on something.

I had an idea for a hydraulic lifting system that jacked the vehicle of up on all 4 corners.

I believe some fancy luxury suv has that on there already. But only one corner at a time.

I had an idea for a hydraulic lifting system that jacked the vehicle of up on all 4 corners.
i had the same thought - it'd jack up the whole truck with the flip of a switch. ...don't know of a car that's done it, but i assume you could do something similar to what the big RVs do with the leveling system

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
it was on a prototype vehicle set for production this year. i saw this about 2 years ago. I believe it was VW or Porche, OR BEnZ i dont know..

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Would be hard to do it for a truck because they're higher off the ground, especially a lifted truck like mine. The pistons for the hydraulic lifters would have to be very long to reach the ground (and then also lift the truck off it's wheels). I suppose you could use some kind of design similar to that of a bottle jack, where there's multiple concentric cylinders that expand out to make a much longer piston than was originally in the bottle.... HMMMMMM, this sounds like fun! :D

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
i was gonna design it for cars...for one there low to the ground...

Michigan
For changing a flat.... Or changing your oil if your truck aint lifted lol haha. Or because they break down all the time :rolleyes: Yea Rite. lol

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
have you ever tried changing the oil on a minivan with no jacks, lifts or tire ramps?

Michigan
lol well it depends on what mini van, if they have the motor like my moms tauras it aint that bad, just dont drop the oil filter wrench on the starter lol, and try not to burn yourself on the header!!! I hate changing the oil in that stupid thing! Mini van on the other hand, if it was under it, i would have the oil changed lol lmao, but i have a pit to work in so it wouldnt be bad..

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
have you ever tried changing the oil on a minivan with no jacks, lifts or tire ramps?
My brother changes my mom's oil without lifting the car...

000358-LEX9941.jpg

I watch him do that and decide NOT to offer him help... Doesn't look fun, lol.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
ive done it a couple of times...im pretty skinny...not claustrophobic..but it sucks...

Lets just say we dont have the van anymore..but its just as low none the less

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts