Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Update on the truck

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Ok guys this may be long....

Today I went by and picked up my driveshafts. The front one they spun on the lathe and I seemed to be in great shape. The back one they put a thicker wall tube on(like three times thicker to withstand the rocks!) They both turned out great looking forward to getting them painted this weekend!

Also went by and odered 10 KC lights for the truck with 4 going on the custom push bar I made and the other 6 on the light bar when I get it.( got a really good deal if I ordered all 10 at one time!)

Called my machinist and scheduled a time to pick up the motor on Fri night. Found out he did alot more than I origanially thought too. For $1200 he ported and polished the heads, shaved the block and heads a little to get more comp., put all new seals and rings in it. He installed new roller rocker arms, pushrods, and now I opted to go ahead and get the Comp Cams for it.

I am holding off on the electric fans for now along with the underdrive pullies cause I talked to Flex-a-lite and they suggested how to test to see if I would make a difference on my particular truck. The underdrive pullies I am afraid with the load of the 10 KC's I will burn up the alt. especially with the 2 10" subs and new system I am putting in it! So we will see for now. May have to upgrade to a HO alt. if I can find one.

The transmission is getting ordered Sat. so I should have it by next weekend to install.

I also ordered my headers, high flow cats and talked to my muffler guy and he is ready for it whenever I get it done. Finally get to hear what she is gonna sound like through the new tips!:)

Sorry just needed to get that out. As soon as I get her fired up I will post a vid!
smiliegitrdone

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Christmas morning hell, Like buying a whole new truck!!! LOL

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
omg, ok there has to be ONE just one part that has to be grabber green..

PLEASE just for me! ;)

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Don't think it has the same effect tony! LOL

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
WHAT did I do??? :angel::rolling laugh:

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
ok just got off the phone with some people!

odered trans will be shipped tomorrow!YelloThumbUp

ordered these also they will ship tomorrow as well!:nana:

Got a call on my order of KC's so I ordered 4 5" KC's today, didn't get much of a deal on them if we ordered all 10 now (as I was told we would)so I'll just wait for the light bar in the bed to be bought!

got some driveshaft pics here, the new rear tube is 3X's thicker than stock(They should last this time) the front shaft weld was checked and balanced they say it should hold!

CIMG0625.JPG

CIMG0624.JPG

CIMG0628.JPG

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
what the hell are you doing to this poor truck?

now your gonna haft to watch your yoke and u-joints. Ive snapped a good chunk off the ears of my yoke and off the drive shaft.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
i wouldnt mind a set of custom driveshafts myself. One of these days i gotta drop some money on a new yoke and a driveshaft itself...And yes a stock truck can take chunks out of them

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Here is the motor on the trailer on the way to dad's!

CIMG0630.JPG

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts