Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Is this factory?

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Or a garage creation?

034.jpg

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
So do i....alot....just didnt think they had a crew in those years....

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
You guys beat me to it....whatever it is...I like it a lot. I love the color combo.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
very cool. would like to know if it's factory or not. The bed looks kinda funky, kind a square compared to the rest of the truck. The gap between the cab and bed looks a little big too.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Did a google image search....found quite a few...

mZga5n3MTurAt_In0qPM9dg.jpg

Dont think this bad boy was crafted....but didnt see any 4x4s...would love more info on these...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'm guessing someone converted that to 4x4, I think MH did original conversions.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I don't think Ford made their own until 1965. The original website that this was posted on states that it is a combination of several different years. The front clip and bed are from a '59.

That truck looks beautiful. The tire/wheel combination look really good, also.

I realize this is an old thread. But I am going to comment. This is an example of Ford farming out their work in the early days. Notice the external door hinges that is a dead give away. There are about 4 or 5 companies that did these conversions. Ford has more of a gap between the doors. There is no gap on this truck. Look at mine there is a gap. That truck is 58-60 era. I believe the bed is correct for that era. I think that pic was taken at Mt. Shasta.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Nice looking truck, rather different, I believe that is a conversion due to the external hinges on the back doors, and my guess is that it's a 57 - 60 judging by the body style, and it was Marmon Harrington did the four by four conversions for Ford. Unless it's on a later frame which is possible.
smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

Big Jim u r correct. I did a little research on this truck. It is a 1960 on a 77 F-250 chassis. Has a 602 cubic inch motor. He was trying to sell it not sure if he did

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
very cool. would like to know if it's factory or not.

The bed looks kinda funky [confused] (it's correct!), kind a square compared to the rest of the truck. The gap between the cab and bed looks a little big too.
It's an aftermarket conversion, possibly by Crown Coach, Armbruster and etc.

Ford didn't introduce their own 'factory assembled' Crew Cabs until mid-year 1965.

This is an example of the 1957/60 Styleside beds, which were also installed on: 1961/65 F100/250 4WD - 1961/66 F350 - 1962/63 F100/250 2WD - 1966 F250 4WD

1961/66 owners call these the "wrong" beds as the bed lines don't match the cab lines.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts