Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Lug Nut shank length

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Finally have a set of tires to put on the turbines I picked up a long while ago, so those will be going on this weekend. However, I need a set of lug nuts for them. I know threads are 1/2"x20...and the rims don't look like they have a conical seat...so what I need to know is how do I determine what shank length I'll need for the lug nuts??? I assume once offset and backspacing is considered the amount of exposed wheel stud plays a part, right??? So pull a tire off, put the rim on and see where it sits???

These are the rims, still want to strip and polish, but Austin has been to lazy to come work on them.

DSC04110.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yes I am going to clean them. Pressure washed them this weekend. I need to strip the paint, and polish the flat surfaces of the fins. The plan was to paint match between the fins to my Bronco...ie dark brown metallic.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
I hate the non beveled set ups, same as the slotted mags on my blazer. They are fn hard to get mounted up with 38's dripping off them.

Im not sure of they are the same size but i can measure my blazer ones for you if need be.

I could put a caliper on the rim to check thickness, the hole to check diameter and then if it matches we can measure the lug nut.

Sent from my mudwhistle via lemmiwinks.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
These are the rims, still want to strip and polish, but Austin has been to lazy to come work on them.

Ahem, I'm pretty sure you have my phone number. :wavey:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I hate the non beveled set ups, same as the slotted mags on my blazer. They are fn hard to get mounted up with 38's dripping off them.

Im not sure of they are the same size but i can measure my blazer ones for you if need be.

I could put a caliper on the rim to check thickness, the hole to check diameter and then if it matches we can measure the lug nut.

Sent from my mudwhistle via lemmiwinks.

I'll take any info you're willing to give. I was hoping to order from Summit, so I can get out of it for less than $50 for all the nuts, where as most local places want $4-5/nut.

Ahem, I'm pretty sure you have my phone number. :wavey:

Don't make an offer you can't keep, I'm making a big push to get all my rides up and going this quarter...at which point, they'll all need wash/wax/buff.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
It can be done, if you want I'll put together a nice package deal. I've got a new buffer coming in the mail that will speed up my process significantly.

You know all I need is a few square meals and a place to sleep in my Lincoln. :D

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'll give you a holler...the plan is to get all the want-to's and plans I've been talking about for my rigs the last 2-3 done before I move in to a house. So they can all move under their own power and be useful in hauling. Bronco is now a booster/mc away from being DD capable. Red is a set of Boggers and power assist steering parts away. Thunder's 460 will take the most time.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
As long as I don't get suckered into helping you move, I'll come up there!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^If you help me move...I can only drive one rig at a time...so that means someone else would have to drive the others...

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I WANNA DRIVE RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^No one other than my father has driven it in the last 12 years.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I'll gladly giggle like a little school girl in the passenger seat.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts