Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Reliability differences in the 2006 and 2007 F150

Hi there I am still fairly new to the whole truck world and I have found two different F150s I am thinking about buying and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on them.
Both of them are 4x4 extended cabs and both have lift kits and larger tires. I was planning on getting a warranty on the one I bought for extra protection. They are both 5.4L four speed automatics and was wondering if reliability was different between them?
Thanks

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
going to bump this thread for you. There were some rear end vibration issues but I believe they were cleared up after the 2004 model. Seem to remember an issue with the 5.4 but can't recall what it was or what model year the problem was fixed.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
05's had a cam phaser issue but they shoulda been fixed by the 06 model year but not sure.. They're identical trucks otherwise as far as I know..

Blacksnapon should know better..

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Ford Power

Thanks for the bump, I had heard there may have been an issue with the plugs sticking in the 06s, but I was hoping to confirm.

Yeah they are, the one I was leaning towards more was the 07, but I have now found an 08 that I like more, just needs a leveling kit and bigger tires to be perfect look wise.

Ford Truck Articles