Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The REAL new car.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
OK, the Prius is Sarahs grandmas car. Its not ours. :D She travels all over the country, so I can see why an average of 49 MPG for her is a good thing. She gave me a ride in it, though. ;)

Here is the real new car. smilieFordlogo
IMG_0532_zps856e20d6.jpg

Ignore the horrid plastic wheel covers.
IMG_0526_zpse99607eb.jpg

I know it isn't a Mustang, but I don't have anywhere else to call home, here! :D

Its a 2000 Crown Victoria LX with 122K on it. I paid a grand total of $0. ;)

I was removing a tree for a lady selling her house and moving to Florida. They were going to pay a tow truck to drive 50 miles to come and haul it to the dump because it didn't work. The last time it worked was two years ago.

I asked if I could take it off her hands to save her the towing bill and she gladly agreed. ;)

I replaced the battery and it immediately roared to life, purring like the Panther it is. :D

I drove it up on a trailer and hauled it home.

Here is what it looked like when I rescued it from the crusher:
IMG_20130617_084309_zps0a92e867.jpg

Engine Compartment:
IMG_20130617_084237_zpsef8123ee.jpg

Loaded up:
IMG_20130617_094153_zpsdcde1707.jpg

The mighty tow rig:
IMG_20130617_094139_zps1cc099e6.jpg

IMG_0531_zps0f101304.jpg

Over all, it is in amazing shape, especially for having sat outside for two years, covered in pine pine needles and other leaves. The roof is the main problem, as there are small rust spots scattered about. The hood has very tiny sun cracks from being baked in the sun, but you have to look close to see them. The trunk had moisture in it so I pressure washed the carpet, and the trunk has no rust in it. It was smoked in, so I am working on that. If anybody has good remedies for smoke, let me know. Fortunately, it is not a horrible smoke smell. The AC and heater both work perfect.

Oh, and I filled it up with 91 octane, just because I felt it deserved a treat for being such a trooper, starting up instantly after sitting dormant for years. :)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Very nice!!!!....Congrats!! smilieFordlogo :beer:

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Am I redeemed? :D

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Does this call for this? :nutkick: Great score I hope it runs for the next fifty years. smilieFordlogo

Last edited:

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Nice! I want the hubcaps. Don't ask questions. :D

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I was secretly hoping for a blown engine, then I would put a 5.4 in it. :D

Yeah, I love that trailer. It weighs a grand total of 1500 lbs. You can just pick it up and set it on the hitch. ;)

Austin, you pay for shipping, and the hub caps are yours. I think they are in good condition, just dirty. Maybe you have a nice set of alloy wheels to trade for them, or something? :D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
The feeling is mutual...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Very nice! I drove one of those (company car) to Denver several years ago and was impressed with how well a RWD could handle snow and ice.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I want the FR500 wheels sooo bad!!!

Doug, spent most of my high school days in a 92 Crown Victoria, and I could get that thing to go just about anywhere in ND winters. :D

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
These are the wheels I want:

2011-02-23_16-01-43_668-1.jpg

2011-02-23_16-02-16_370.jpg

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Score!

Ill give ya 5 bucks for it...thats a 500% profit :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts